ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Deploying application without MQSeries Client installation

Deploying application without MQSeries Client installation « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

dtgruber wrote:
I have already tried using the mqclient.ini from an installation. Actually I have only found properties regarding ExitPaths values inside the .ini-file. However I still ended up with the same error.

A search of the Info Centre would have found you THIS. Below is an example I 'refined' purely for demo purposes:
Code:
#* Module name : mqclient.ini                                                           *#
#* Type        : WebSphere MQ client configuration file                                 *#
#* Function    : Define the client configuration                                        *#
#*                                                                                      *#
#****************************************************************************************#

CHANNELS:
 ChannelDefinitionDirectory=C:\WMQTABSTORE
 ChannelDefinitionFile=DOT_NET_CLIENT_TEST_NO_SSL.TAB

TCP:
 KeepAlive=Yes

dtgruber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I have already stumbled upon this. Also this which shows the limitation of available properties when running a .Net client.

Though, due to my lack of knowledge regarding those settings, and the documentation not saying which properties are mandatory, I have avoided playing with those for now in the "try and error" principle.

Thanks
Dominik
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Our links point to the same place...

dtgruber wrote:
Though, due to my lack of knowledge regarding those settings, and the documentation not saying which properties are mandatory, I have avoided playing with those for now in the "try and error" principle.

I quite like empirical testing, I find I learn more using the 'suck it and see' principle, followed by digging deeper into the manuals etc.
dtgruber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Quote:
Our links point to the same place...

Sorry...seemed to be a Copy&Paste error. I fixed it.

I actually am a defender of "learning by doing". Unfortunately the time I can spend on this issue is limited by restrictions that have not been setup by myself.

I am currently in discussion with our test automation team whether it is bearable to install the WMQ Environment on all relevant virtual machines. They do not seem to be happy though, for understandable reasons (unknown side effects, "dirtying" the GAC, ...)
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

dtgruber wrote:
I am currently in discussion with our test automation team whether it is bearable to install the WMQ Environment on all relevant virtual machines. They do not seem to be happy though, for understandable reasons (unknown side effects, "dirtying" the GAC, ...)

It's bearable, because the alternative is an even more 'dirty' environment. They're VMs, it isn't rocket science to have them rolled out with a sustainable WMQ build.
uriahb
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dominik,

Any chance you ever figured this out? Facing the same problem where I just want to do a bin deployment with a .net website and don't want to install the client on all our webservers. Signs point to no from everything I've read elsewhere, but I thought I would check in with you.

Thanks,
Uriah
dtgruber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

I am afraid I cannot provide a solution that you are looking for. We have installed the client on all relevant machines and it sill works pretty well.

Regards,
Dominik
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

.NET applications can use managed connections, that will package up a tcp/ip layer client dll along with the application. No client install needed.

Read about managed connections.

But reconsider your desire not to install the MQ client on all your webservers.

Or twice as better, switch to using MQTT and not install anything on your webservers.
bhyatm
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Type Initialization Error - WMQueueManager Reply with quote

Hi,

The reason for this has to do with the fact that the primary instance has not been set on mq client

on the machine where you are having the issue set the primary instance using
setmqinst -n <InstanceName> -i
where InstanceName is your instance name typically Installation1

once this is done, the NET client for MQ will know where to connect to and not get a null error

Hope that helps some people

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Deploying application without MQSeries Client installation
Jump to: