ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Broker Toolkit 7.0.0.4 - No Deploy Option

Broker Toolkit 7.0.0.4 - No Deploy Option « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
alienartefact
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Broker Toolkit 7.0.0.4 - No Deploy Option Reply with quote

Novice

Hello,
I am running Broker Toolkit 7.0.0.4 and am experiencing a couple of problems with it.
My local setup includes the default local Broker/MQ configuration (MB7Broker/MB7QMGR) which is running ok.

My problem is that when I want to deploy a .msgflow from my workspace, I right-click on it, but I get no 'Deploy' option.

I inherited the PC from a previous user, and the toolkit was originally at 7.0.0.2 so I upgraded in the hope this would fix the issue.

I have also uninstalled the toolkit and re-installed from scratch but to no avail.

(I also have an issue in that the syntax checking, even though enabled, doesn't work - it doesn't highlight any syntax errors I make in the ESQL editor. Maybe this is related somehow to my first problem).

Can anyone provide any suggestions as to how I can find my missing 'Deploy' option or regain my Syntax checking?

Thanks.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Subflows are not deployable. To be a main flow, you have to start with a main input node, like FileInput. Please post your flow sequence.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

lancelotlinc wrote:
Subflows are not deployable.

at least not until you're running v8.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Broker Toolkit 7.0.0.4 - No Deploy Option Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

alienartefact wrote:
(I also have an issue in that the syntax checking, even though enabled, doesn't work - it doesn't highlight any syntax errors I make in the ESQL editor. Maybe this is related somehow to my first problem).

You seem to lack the requisite training.

Quote:
Validation applies only to messages that you have modeled and deployed to the broker. Specifically, the message domains that support validation are MRM, XMLNSC, SOAP, and IDOC. The broker does not provide any validation for self-defining messages. The XMLNSC, and SOAP domains validate predefined messages directly against message model schema filesXML Schema files. The MRM and IDOC parsers validate predefined messages against the message dictionary generated from a message set. Message flows are designed to transform and route messages that conform to certain rules. By default, parsers perform some validity checking on a message, but only to ensure the integrity of the parsing operation. However, you can validate a message more stringently against the message model contained in the message set by specifying validation options on certain nodes in your message flow.

Please sign up and take this class:

http://www-304.ibm.com/jct03001c/services/learning/ites.wss/us/en?pageType=course_description&courseCode=WM663
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

lancelotlinc wrote:
Subflows are not deployable. To be a main flow, you have to start with a main input node, like FileInput. Please post your flow sequence.

While this is correct, you still get a deploy option on the context menu following a right click. It's when you select and EG and press ok you get an error box saying it can't be deployed for the reasons you give.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Broker Toolkit 7.0.0.4 - No Deploy Option Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

lancelotlinc wrote:
You seem to lack the requisite training.

You seem to be lacking the relevant reading skills...

lancelotlinc wrote:
Quote:
Validation applies only to messages that you have modeled and deployed to the broker. Specifically, the message domains that support validation are MRM, XMLNSC, SOAP, and IDOC. The broker does not provide any validation for self-defining messages. The XMLNSC, and SOAP domains validate predefined messages directly against message model schema filesXML Schema files. The MRM and IDOC parsers validate predefined messages against the message dictionary generated from a message set. Message flows are designed to transform and route messages that conform to certain rules. By default, parsers perform some validity checking on a message, but only to ensure the integrity of the parsing operation. However, you can validate a message more stringently against the message model contained in the message set by specifying validation options on certain nodes in your message flow.

The OP's talking about the ESQL syntax checking not working, not message valiadation or (more relevantly) auto completion of ESQL statements.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Broker Toolkit 7.0.0.4 - No Deploy Option Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

alienartefact wrote:
Can anyone provide any suggestions as to how I can find my missing 'Deploy' option or regain my Syntax checking?

Have you tried a new workspace? Are you sure the project is correctly set up?
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I was going on the assumption that the OP was using a subflow Input node rather than a main input node. That's why I asked OP to post the flow sequence.

Vitor says Training !!
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

lancelotlinc wrote:
I was going on the assumption that the OP was using a subflow Input node rather than a main input node. That's why I asked OP to post the flow sequence.

And you're quite correct - until v8 such flows fail to deploy.

But they do show a Deploy option in the Context menu.

I have learned to deal with your continued determination to assert that every problem with the product & it's use is the result of a lack of training in much the same way I deal with a dog that backs with a persistent & annoying bark constantly and for no good reason.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I like you too Vitor.
alienartefact
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for your replies.

My flow sequence is...

MQInput--->Compute--->MQOutput

(this isn't a subflow) - I get the same problem with all .msgflows I have in my workspace. They are usually checked out from SVN (using the subclipse SVN plugin) into my workspace. Colleagues of mine perform the same tasks and don't experience the same problems (yes, they are more experienced in Broker than me, but they have tried and failed to solve my problem too).

As Vitor suggested, I tried a new workspace but this didn't change what I was seeing.

I will keep plugging away at it and let you know if I resolve the issue. Thanks for your help.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You likely do not have write access to the checked out files.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Is the deploy option even available if there is no broker defined / setup in the toolkit? (where would you want to deploy it to if the broker is not setup?)
alienartefact
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Got it! When I was checking projects out of SVN I was checking-out at the trunk level (PROJECT\trunk) within a project. If I check-out at the msgflows level (PROJECT\trunk\src\main\msgflows) then I do get the 'Deploy' option in my context menu.

Doing this picks up project information that populates the 'Builders' in Project Properties. I noticed this was empty when I was checking out at the wrong level. 'Builders' is populated by the .project file stored in SVN in the msgflows folder. (Sorry - being fairly new to this I don't know how much of this is site-specific or standard Broker/SVN behaviour, hopefully someone else will find this useful.)

Thanks all for your time and efforts. (It would be great if anyone had any ideas regarding the lack of syntax checking within my ESQL editor too! - I do have syntax checking enabled in the toolkit - it just doesn't seem to do anything.)

Cheers.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

alienartefact wrote:
Got it! When I was checking projects out of SVN I was checking-out at the trunk level (PROJECT\trunk) within a project. If I check-out at the msgflows level (PROJECT\trunk\src\main\msgflows) then I do get the 'Deploy' option in my context menu.

Exhibiting the vast sweep of my SVN knowledge (!) you should be able to check out at a higher level, get the flows, ESQL & other artifacts and still have a valid project.

alienartefact wrote:
I do have syntax checking enabled in the toolkit - it just doesn't seem to do anything.

How have you enabled syntax checking or leads you to the belief that it is enabled?

Can you post an example of a ESQL statement that's not being flagged?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Broker Toolkit 7.0.0.4 - No Deploy Option
Jump to: