ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Multiphase Commit » XAopenstring not to show userid/password in clear?

XAopenstring not to show userid/password in clear? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
angka
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: XAopenstring not to show userid/password in clear? Reply with quote

Chevalier

Hi,

Is there a way not to show the userID/password in the XAopenstring in clear? I am using DB2. both MQ and DB2 is running on windows 2008 R2 on a different machine.

Saw something from infocenter but think this is applicable if MQ and DB2 runs on the same machine.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r1/topic/com.ibm.mq.doc/fa13570_.htm

Thanks
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

So you're talking about
Quote:
If you have not specified a user name and password on the xa_open string, the user under which the queue manager is running is used by DB2 to authenticate the xa_open call.

That doesn't depend, as far as I know, on where DB2 is running.

You need to reconsider the security implications of putting the username and password into the qm.ini file. That is, you need to think very hard about who actually ends up having read access to this file, and why that does or does not represent a security issue.
angka
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Hi,

I am running on windows 2008, so as long as the user have access to MQ explorer, it can view the username and password from MQ explorer. But in the project which i am working on, there is two different team, the app and DBA. the process here allows only DBA to have access to the password.

any workaround?

Thanks

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Multiphase Commit » XAopenstring not to show userid/password in clear?
Jump to: