ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » MQTT Chat Authorization Model

MQTT Chat Authorization Model « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Guido Hinderberger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: MQTT Chat Authorization Model Reply with quote

Hi all,

i have have a question regarding the authorization of dynmically created topics. I quess the easiest way to describe my problem is using a chat (like facebook) example.

So if i would design the topic tree for a chat i would create a base topic called "USERS" for example.

If a new user registers hisself to the chat he would dynamically creates a sub topic with is user id e.g. USERS/GUIDO by subscribing to that topic.

Other chat user could send me message by publishing to this topic.

My question now is how the topic could be secured because i don`t want other chat user to subscribe to that topic and receive my message.

Is this somehow possible?

Thanks in advance for your support
andypiper
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

You might be better asking this in the MQTT Google Group, just in terms of the traffic there.

I am not certain but I believe there should be a level of inheritance down a topic tree. However you're right that dynamically-created topics tend to complicate this. It will also depend on the broker implementation.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » MQTT Chat Authorization Model
Jump to: