ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » WMQ 71 and WIN7

WMQ 71 and WIN7 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: WMQ 71 and WIN7 Reply with quote

Knight

I am helping a developer to install MQ on his WIN7 laptop. First we tried WMQ 70, the installer started with a warning saying that it is not a supported environment. So we stopped and try WMQ 71. The installation completed smoothly. However, the admin user ID is not allowed to create a QM. He is using WIN7 home and user and group manaement is not part of it. We have not read any docuements before we start (I know that this is bad) because he is on his way to the airport and he needs MQ on his laptop. He needs to perform a quick evaluation in a remote site. So even if the doc says we need WIN7 professional we will not have it. He is now on his way. I was wondering if anyone has any experience in getting this to work on WIN7 home. We still have a chance to email him the fix before he consider the trial a failure.
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

The version of Win7 your developer is using is not one that supports WMQ, as you've found out. You might be better of creating an appropriate Win7 VM and have him use VMWare player to use it, but I doubt you'll be able to do that via email. Other alternative, set up a system and let him remote in.
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

You are right. I hope that we can delay the trial for a few days so that we can get it properly set up on a VM.
JasonE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Whilst completely an unsupported environment, I dont know if I should put forward suggestions, but...

Quote:
However, the admin user ID is not allowed to create a QM

Was this using crtmqm from the command line, and if so did you try an elevated command line. Admins are automatically in the 'mqm' group (in effect).

Note I think on one such environment I also found you can do something similar to 'net localgroup mqm myuserid /add' to put yourself in the mqm group.

But given its a completely unsupported environment, putting it in a VM makes a lot more sense.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Or another unsupported method is to:

Open a Command Prompt as an Administrator: Start -> Accessories -> Command Prompt
Right click and select 'Run As Administrator'

If your UserID is "roger" then issue the following command:

net localgroup mqm roger /add

Now your UserID will be in the 'mqm' group and you will be able to do anything you want.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » WMQ 71 and WIN7
Jump to: