ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Base64 Decode - Efficiency

Base64 Decode - Efficiency « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
xvigo
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I identified my problem, I don't know how to get a value from the input message:

DECLARE requestIntakeHex BLOB InputRoot.SOAP.ns:receiveApplication.ns:applicationData;

My variable requestIntakeHex is always empty. Any suggestion about building the InputRoot... string?
The auto-completion stop working on InputRoot.SOAP

Thanks, Giovanni
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You can't assign a string that represents an XML document to a field under the XMLNSC parser tree and expect that the XMLNSC parser will then actually parse that string into an XML tree.

You must instruct the parser to parse the string into a tree.

There's enough information in this thread already for you to figure out how to do that.
rekarm01
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

xvigo wrote:
Unfortunately the XMLNSC parser decode the message as hex..

Not quite. The XMLNSC parser converted the Base64-encoded character string to a BLOB (sequence of bytes). The Trace node is encoding the BLOB as a HexBinary character string, to make it displayable, because that's what Trace nodes do. A BLOB itself has no inherent encoding.

xvigo wrote:
so I need that as ascii (it's now a readable xml) and then do something to have that as xml message 'mappable" by a Borker mapper (graphical is better for me)

Use CAST+CCSID to convert the BLOB to a character string, or use CREATE+PARSE to parse the BLOB as XML.

xvigo wrote:
The auto-completion stop working on InputRoot.SOAP

The previous code used InputRoot.XMLNSC. When did that switch to InputRoot.SOAP? Make sure that the message definition supports both the SOAP and XMLNSC message domains.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Base64 Decode - Efficiency
Jump to: