ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Problem creating RFH2 with VB

Problem creating RFH2 with VB « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Kraven12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi all,

I am developing a tool for putting/getting messages on a queue (much like IBM's but with some additional functionality). I am having a problem when it comes to the RFH2 header. I am hoping someone out there may have done this in the past and could give my some pointers. I have added the NameValueLength field to the structure definition and everything appears to be correct. One thing I have noticed is that in C/C++ it is neccessary to reverse the integers. Is this the same in VB?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.
kolban
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The Encoding field of the MQMD of the MQRFH2 message specifies the byte ordering for integer values.
Kraven12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Kolban,

The Encoding field is set and doesn't seem to helping. The sympton is this: The message is successfully placed on the queue and the queue depth is incremented. If I try to see the message using MQExplorer, it errors out - if I get the message using IBM's utility it successfully retrieves the message but the mcd portion of the RFH2 is displayed as message data and the MQMD reports the the Format as MQHRF2 not MQSTR and no RFH2 header is found.

Thanks for the response.
kolban
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You might want to use the MQJExplorer tool (see http://www.kolban.com/mqjexplorer). I think it has the ability to put and display MQRFH2 formatted messages.

[ This Message was edited by: kolban on 2001-10-22 13:01 ]
Kraven12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Kolban,
I applaud the fact that you are plugging your product (and I do intend to download it and give it a try) but that won't fix the problem with my code. I currently have tools that will properly place an RFH2 header on a message, that's not the issue. The issue is that I'm trying to learn how to do it myself and seem to be missing some minor point. I have already worked with one of our application groups here and we have successfully done this in C so apparently there is something different in VB that I am just not catching.
kolban
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Wait a minute .... you said that MQExplorer "errors out" when you try to look at the message ... hence the suggestion to look at MQJExplorer and see what it reports. It sounds like you want to put two messages to a queue ... one from your tooling and one from some other trusted source and compare the binary values of the two messages ... am trying not to plug MQJExplorer unncessarily but without MQExplorer your choices are limited at looking at binary messages ... maybe amqsbcg would also help.
Kraven12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

OK - I misunderstood your intent. I wasn't really trying to put a message on with 2 sources and compare the binary but that's a good idea. This is actually the way we figured out our problems with the C code so it would have been the next logical step.

Thanks.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Problem creating RFH2 with VB
Jump to: