ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Help Regarding UserDefined Nodes [Solved]

Help Regarding UserDefined Nodes [Solved] « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kotagiriaashish
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Help Regarding UserDefined Nodes [Solved] Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi,
I was just experimenting with user-defined nodes and found it was pretty easy to expose a subflow as user defined node in Version: 7.0.0.3 Build id: 7.0.0.3-20110825_1025 but the difficult part was to create a user defined node in java,

these are the steps i followed

Creating an input node in Java:
Code:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.etools.mft.doc%2Fas09950_.htm

then i exported the file as .par file and placed it in a folder and ran >mqsichangebroker MB7BROKER -l C:\lil

the command ran successfully but when i restart the broker services and the toolkit the node never shows up!

this was not the case with implementing a subflow as userdefined node

what i dont get is how to link a XXX.msgnode with XXX.java? can any one help me please

Last edited by kotagiriaashish on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
smdavies99
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

The URL Tag is a lot better to use for referencing a URL....

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.etools.mft.doc%2Fas09950_.htm

The node might very well be there in the RUNTIME system.

There is another step you need to do to make it appear in the toolkit. The toolkit is completly divorced from the runtime until you specify a domain connection.
One TK installation can connect to many different brokers. Therefore, you have to install your node into the TK AS WELL AS into the Runtime.

I haven't created a custom node since V2.1 so I can't direct you to how to install it into the TK.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
rekarm01
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Regarding UserDefined Nodes Reply with quote

Grand Master

kotagiriaashish wrote:
what i dont get is how to link a XXX.msgnode with XXX.java?

Start here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.etools.mft.doc%2Fas04480_.htm
kotagiriaashish
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: thanks guys!! Reply with quote

Disciple

ill go through that
kotagiriaashish
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Help Regarding UserDefined Nodes Reply with quote

Disciple

rekarm01 wrote:
kotagiriaashish wrote:

Start here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.etools.mft.doc%2Fas04480_.htm

All links point to the same topics...packaging and updating the lil paths but the node never shows up on the tool kit

i tried both ways I.E creating the .PAR type archive with specified folder structure and tried exporting as a jar file... i think smdavies99 was correct the node may be in the broker run time but .... I have to get it into the toolkit

i cant answer if you ask.. why specifically i need to get the node into toolkit...

as i said this is just an experiment... and trust me im banging my head against the broker since a couple of days... but im unable to complete the experiment...
mqjeff
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Regarding UserDefined Nodes Reply with quote

Grand Master

kotagiriaashish wrote:
rekarm01 wrote:
kotagiriaashish wrote:

All links point to the same topics...packaging and updating the lil paths but the node never shows up on the tool kit

Uh. For me at least, that link points to 'Creating the user interface representation of a user defined node in the WebSphere Message broker Toolkit".

I.e. the piece you are missing...

You need to create two separate things, and deploy two separate things. The first is the PAR or jar or lil file, that you need to add to lilpath.
The second is the Toolkit plugin that needs to get deployed to the Toolkit, and is not a par or jar or lil...
kotagiriaashish
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Could any one please tell me how to register a node as input node on message broker....

I have Implemented the MbInputNode Interface and I just cant figure out whats going wrong with this....

I even put the jar file into a folder and added it to the lil path... but the node never registers as input node...

Shall I provide a PI of my message node project???
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Follow the sample included in the toolkit for user defined nodes. The instructiions are very specific. You likely missed a step.
adubya
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Are you trying to get the node to appear in Toolkit ?

If so then Right Click on your Node project, select "Package..", then "Plug-in jars" and "Next>"

On the displayed dialog then change the "Destination" directory to be C:\Program Files\IBM\WMBT700 (assuming this is the folder toolkit is installed in) and select "Finish". This will build your node and install the jar into the toolkit plugins folder.

Then quit toolkit and restart but add the parameter "-clean" to the toolkit exe pathname, this will reload all plugins.

If all that's worked then your node should appear in the msgflow palette.
kotagiriaashish
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

adubya wrote:
Are you trying to get the node to appear in Toolkit ?

If so then Right Click on your Node project, select "Package..", then "Plug-in jars" and "Next>"

On the displayed dialog then change the "Destination" directory to be C:\Program Files\IBM\WMBT700 (assuming this is the folder toolkit is installed in) and select "Finish". This will build your node and install the jar into the toolkit plugins folder.

Then quit toolkit and restart but add the parameter "-clean" to the toolkit exe pathname, this will reload all plugins.

If all that's worked then your node should appear in the msgflow palette.

The Node is already appearing in the toolkit and I have written the Java code with the naming conventions ... the problem is that when i try to build a bar file exception throws up and says "No input node detected"..
kotagiriaashish
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

And finally... it worked...

All I had to do was to name the .jar file same as the message node project and name the class file with the same name as the node with a "Node" as post fix on it.... specal thanks for lancelotlinc
kotagiriaashish
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Ok im able to set the properties of a UDN in the construction phase but the node wont deploy...[it deployes well without any properties set though]

this is the closest i got to the documentation
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v6r1m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.etools.mft.doc%2Fas04496_.htm

can any one please help me to figure out.... how to give the java representation of a property that is set in the UDN...[/url]
kiruthigeshwar
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Same Issue Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi All,
I am trying to install a plugin for a user defined node implemented as subflow. Installation compeleted sccessfully. But the node is not displayed under pallette. If I try to import a PI of a flow with the node, it throws an error that the sublow is not found.

Please help me with this
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Same Issue Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

kiruthigeshwar wrote:
Installation compeleted sccessfully. But the node is not displayed under pallette.

Then the installation into the Toolkit was not successful, even if you believe it was
kiruthigeshwar
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Same Issue Reply with quote

Apprentice

Vitor wrote:
kiruthigeshwar wrote:
Installation compeleted sccessfully. But the node is not displayed under pallette.

Then the installation into the Toolkit was not successful, even if you believe it was

Is there any log I can check to find the error occurred. Or what could be the issue. Will installing the plugins using links file help?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Help Regarding UserDefined Nodes [Solved]
Jump to: