ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » WebSphere MQ Telemetry overview and useful links

WebSphere MQ Telemetry overview and useful links « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: WebSphere MQ Telemetry overview and useful links Reply with quote

Grand Master

Product main page on IBM.com

Info Center

Highlights:

WebSphere MQ Telemetry provides small client libraries that can be embedded into smart devices running on a number of different device platforms. Applications built with the clients use MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT) and the WebSphere MQ Telemetry service to publish and subscribe messages reliably with WebSphere MQ.

MQTT is designed to work over unreliable and low-bandwidth connections using TCP/IP. A single queue manager can connect tens of thousands of devices using MQTT to the internet. MQTT is a published protocol. It is licensed for you to implement clients on other platforms, and in other languages.

An advanced MQTT client, the WebSphere MQ Telemetry daemon for devices runs on many platforms. It can act as a network concentrator to connect an even greater number of MQTT clients to a single queue manager. It can also provide store and forward for small devices that lack a means to buffer messages during short network outages.

WebSphere MQ Telemetry is a separate feature from base WebSphere MQ. It requires base WebSphere MQ support at Version 7.0.1.2 or higher. The telemetry service runs on Windows and Linux.
George Carey
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Down load Reply with quote

Knight

Looking for an IBM down load site for MQTT

what I find is link to MQTT.org and IBM hyperlink loops back to IBM url (tail chasing).

Any better trail download sites.

Also, is the MQe(MQ Everyplace) a dead product or at least deprecated ??

TIA,

GTC
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

MQ Telemetry ships with MQ these days. So check your download listing for MQ again.

I am not aware of the formal official status of Everyplace, but it has not been updated or maintained in quite a while, and I doubt it is still under support.
George Carey
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: AMS Reply with quote

Knight

From the info center link given:

Quote:
Use SSL to encrypt messages and authenticate the telemetry channel and client; see SSL configuration of MQTT clients and telemetry channels.

Can the AMS product work in conjunction with MQTT channels as well as other standard MQ channels?

Haven't used either product yet ... but hope to soon and reading about each this question, among others, comes to mind.

Now that I think about it ... I believe AMS is designed for point to point communication connectivity ... and MQTT is pub/sub so maybe not applicable?

GTC
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: AMS Reply with quote

Grand Master

George Carey wrote:
From the info center link given:

Quote:
Use SSL to encrypt messages and authenticate the telemetry channel and client; see SSL configuration of MQTT clients and telemetry channels.

Can the AMS product work in conjunction with MQTT channels as well as other standard MQ channels?

I'm reasonably positive that AMS can only work with plain WMQ at this time. I know for a fact it can't work with MQ LLM, and would be very surprised to learn that it could work with MQTT.
andypiper
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Down load Reply with quote

Acolyte

George Carey wrote:
Looking for an IBM down load site for MQTT

what I find is link to MQTT.org and IBM hyperlink loops back to IBM url (tail chasing).

MQTT.org (the community site) provides links to third-party client APIs as well as pointing at IBM for the WMQ Telemetry product which provides WMQ integration, and alphaworks for the free/limited use Really Small Message Broker.

In WMQ 7.1 the Telemetry feature is an option in the main WMQ installer.

George Carey wrote:

Also, is the MQe(MQ Everyplace) a dead product or at least deprecated ??

I believe we'd say that it is no longer under active development.
andypiper
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: AMS Reply with quote

Acolyte

George Carey wrote:

No - as you rightly spotted, it's pub/sub too so AMS wouldn't work in that case. You'd also want to consider whether it's realistic for a constrained device (sensor/embedded system/mobile app) to be running CPU intensive encryption for every message. That's not the design intent behind the MQTT protocol.

WebSphere MQ Telemetry does however provide authentication on connect, with a pluggable JAAS authentication mechanism on the backend; SSL for channel security; and of course the OAM for access to queue manager objects.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » WebSphere MQ Telemetry overview and useful links
Jump to: