ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » MQSeries.net Group is available on Linkedin

MQSeries.net Group is available on Linkedin « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Mehrdad wrote:
It looks that we need a little extra helping hand from our own various forums members to tell others about the Linkedin MQSeries.net Group.

By the helping hand requested I mean that every forums member who reads this to please seriously consider joining the MQSeries.net Linkedin Group on her/his own + as well as inviting other friends/colleagues/user groups/other forums who are in some form connected with and interested in WMQ, WMB and all WebSphere related topics know about the Linkedin group we have set up.

Here is the link info again http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3872813

Thanks.

Do we have MQSeries.net group on 'FaceBook' (the rest were edited by Admin ... ' ) ?
SAFraser
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

And while you yo-hos were telling Winston Churchill jokes, I invited 13 more people. That makes 16 for me.

I'm just sayin'.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

SAFraser wrote:
I invited 13 more people. That makes 16 for me.

I'm just sayin'.

Are we counting invites or acceptances?
SAFraser
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

I've done 16 invites with one acceptance so far.

/me waiting expectantly for Jeff's numbers.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

SAFraser wrote:

I've done 16 invites with one acceptance so far.

/me waiting expectantly for Jeff's numbers.

So you're confirming that you DO want to get into a numbers race?

With *me*?

SAFraser
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

I am confirming that I think Brandon Duncan is swell and we owe him a lot for many years of work on mqseries.net and generating a competitive atmosphere for getting some LinkedIn participation might be fun.
dgolding
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Hi Shirley, I see you're connected to Brandon in LinkedIn - ask him to join MQSeries.net as an "elder statesman/founding father" (which I'm sure you've done already) - should be worth ten points!

regards

Don
Esa
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Great functionality indeed...

There is one discussion thread with a link to mqseries.net.

And then you can check new members and try to guess who is who. That an important feature at the core of social networking and something that you cannot easily achieve with plain mqseries.net.

Does anyone have ideas of how to use the group for something useful? It sure cannot beat or replace mqseries.net itself as a technical discussion forum.

Does anyone have ideas of how to use social networking for something useful? Yes, you can start a social networking site and invite everyone you meet. Then you can after a couple of years sell your site in the stock market and make a lot of money. But can you sell a linkedIn group?

I must be having a bad day
SAFraser
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

I have found LinkedIn to be useful when we are trying to find a particular skill set to add to our project. The "connections" I have on LinkedIn (colleagues and business acquaintances) are a different set of people than those I have as "friends" on Facebook (personal friends).

I also use LinkedIn to stay in touch with colleagues from previous jobs. It is useful professionally and pleases me personally.

mqseries.net is not a social networking site, it is an outgrowth of the old bulletin board technology. As such, using a screen name unrelated to actual identity is not only acceptable, but somewhat expected.

Social networking, a much newer phenomenon, is different. LinkedIn, MySpace, Facebook -- all are social networking sites but all were established with different purposes and all have morphed into their own niches. In general, the expectation is that one represents one's actual identity on such sites.

mqjeff and esa, I was having fun with this thread, but I'm not anymore. I hope Brandon doesn't read this.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SAFraser wrote:
As such, using a screen name unrelated to actual identity is not only acceptable, but somewhat expected.

Phew.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

SAFraser wrote:
mqjeff and esa, I was having fun with this thread, but I'm not anymore. I hope Brandon doesn't read this.

Shirley - I was making fun of myself, perhaps it didn't come across.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SAFraser wrote:

Social networking, a much newer phenomenon, is different. LinkedIn, MySpace, Facebook -- all are social networking sites but all were established with different purposes and all have morphed into their own niches. In general, the expectation is that one represents one's actual identity on such sites.

Why would you think this? Looking at all the posts there, especially the way today's teens behave, I would certainly hope that they use some kind of handle and not their actual name...

Who would want to hire a guy having a beer in each hand at every gathering photo shown??? Even if he is a member of AA and hasn't touched alcohol in over 2 years...
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

fjb_saper wrote:
...Who would want to hire a guy having a beer in each hand at every gathering photo shown??? Even if he is a member of AA and hasn't touched alcohol in over 2 years...

Have you hacked my account?
Esa
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

mqjeff wrote:
SAFraser wrote:

Shirley - I was making fun of myself, perhaps it didn't come across.

And when I was referring to making a lot of money as useful, I was trying to be ironic. My personal opinion is quite the opposite.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » MQSeries.net Group is available on Linkedin
Jump to: