ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Message Set/Flow definition using WMB 7 console command

Message Set/Flow definition using WMB 7 console command « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
PEPERO
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Message Set/Flow definition using WMB 7 console command Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi;
I'm using the trial version of the WMB 7.0.0.2 and i want to know if it's possible to define the message flows (and message sets) using the console commands.
thanks
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Message Set/Flow definition using WMB 7 console command Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

PEPERO wrote:
I'm using the trial version of the WMB 7.0.0.2 and i want to know if it's possible to define the message flows (and message sets) using the console commands.

Define how? If you mean define the message flows & message sets the broker is to use then yes, there are commands you can use as described in the documentation.

If you mean define message flows and message sets in terms of development, then no. But since it's clearly ridiculous to expect to be able to define a graphical item like a flow via a console command I suspect that's not what you mean, so you might do well to rephrase the question if you don't mean deploy.
PEPERO
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I'm going to use the WMB V7 trial version to define a TCPIP node to receive a message from a client application and send it to the server application through the sockets. I'm using the consol command to define the broker , and i'm going to define the message flows to exchange the message through the WMB but I've not found a related mqsi consol command to define the message flow or configuring the related nodes.
thanks
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

PEPERO wrote:
I've not found a related mqsi consol command to define the message flow or configuring the related nodes.

Ah. Then my comment:

Vitor wrote:
it's clearly ridiculous to expect to be able to define a graphical item like a flow via a console command

applies.
PEPERO
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

So what's the trial version for?
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

PEPERO wrote:

Hey Vitor, do you think we could recommend the WMB Developer class to our friend?
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

PEPERO wrote:

Trialing the product before buying it. It works the same way as the full version in that graphical components like flows can't be created or defined via console commands in the licensed version either.

I still feel we're at cross purposes somehow. Because I still refuse to believe that you believe you can draw things with console commands. Or that you'd want to.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

lancelotlinc wrote:
Hey Vitor, do you think we could recommend the WMB Developer class to our friend?

I doubt anything will stop you.

I doubt he considers me a friend at this point.
PEPERO
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Dear vito;
I do know it's clearly ridiculous to expect to be able to define a graphical item like a flow via a console command ,But the only thing that is prepared at the trial version is the consol command not the toolkit.
i've been confused about the advantage of the IBM WMB trial version.
trail of what?
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

PEPERO wrote:
i've been confused about the advantage of the IBM WMB trial version. trail of what?

WMB comes in two parts. A "toolkit" that is an Eclipse-based development environment and a "runtime" that is the engine.

Both of these parts are downloadable as trial, so you can run them without license. You use the "toolkit" part to design the functions within an Eclipse environment, then you deploy those designs to a "runtime".

My compadre Vitor is pointing out that designing a message flow using a command line utility is illogical. No one would want to do it, and there is no point.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

lancelotlinc wrote:
Both of these parts are downloadable as trial, so you can run them without license.

Both pedantically & legally, you run them under the terms of the trial license not without license.

One specific limitation of the trial license is the length of time it's valid (90 days) after which the software is unlicensed because the license is expired.

I know that's what you meant, but I felt some clarification was needed as I'd hate anyone to get the idea we're claiming IBM software is free (especially IBM's legal department!).

Last edited by Vitor on Tue May 31, 2011 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
PEPERO
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Oh.Thats the key.
thanks so much lancelotlinc & vitor for your answers.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Vitor wrote:
lancelotlinc wrote:
Both of these parts are downloadable as trial, so you can run them without license.

Both pedantically & legally, you run them under the terms of the trial license not without license.

One specific limitation of the trial license is the length of time it's valid (90 days) after which the software is unlicensed because the license is expired.

I know that's what you meant, but I felt some clarification was needed as I'd hate anyone to get the idea we're claiming IBM software is free (especially IBM's legal department!).

Excellent clarification sir. BTW - just got back from Philippines, absolutely the best ten days of my life.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

PEPERO wrote:
Oh.Thats the key.

If you didn't know that, and hadn't determined that from your reading, then training is certainly a good idea.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Message Set/Flow definition using WMB 7 console command
Jump to: