ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » MQ Clusters and multiple CLUSRCVR Channels - part ?

MQ Clusters and multiple CLUSRCVR Channels - part ? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqnomad
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: MQ Clusters and multiple CLUSRCVR Channels - part ? Reply with quote

Acolyte

I've looked thru some older posts but don't quite have a final convention.

In this note, I am using:

"Outside" cluster and queue manager to denote those not part of our cluster with naming conventions TO.xxxx

and "our queue manager" to denote our cluster with naming conventions CLUSTERNAME.CLUSQMGR.
----------------------------------------------------------------

We have defined a new cluster using the convention CLUSNAME.CLUSQMGR for the CLUSRCVR as recommended in one of the best practices papers.

We discovered that one of the queue managers in this cluster is also joined to another cluster, with the TO.QMGR name convention.

1. So this one I think has been answered as 'yes' - is it possible to have multiple CLUSRCVR channels - I think this was yes.

2. Now - is it possible to have multiple CLUSSDR channels - well what I understand is that if the other 'outside' queue manager has a TO.QMGRA CLUSRCVR, we will need to have a TO.QMGRA CLUSSDR - is this correct, or is this wrong?

3. But what if the outside queue manager was to define a CLUSSDR channel with the convention of CLUSNAME.CLUSQMGRA to go to our queue manager?

I could not find any place in InfoCenter that covered this info ... but if there's any place in InfoCenter or any white paper touching on this, would appreciate the link, as well as your response.

Thank you.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: MQ Clusters and multiple CLUSRCVR Channels - part ? Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqnomad wrote:
I've looked thru some older posts but don't quite have a final convention.

In this note, I am using:

"Outside" cluster and queue manager to denote those not part of our cluster with naming conventions TO.xxxx

and "our queue manager" to denote our cluster with naming conventions CLUSTERNAME.CLUSQMGR.
----------------------------------------------------------------

We have defined a new cluster using the convention CLUSNAME.CLUSQMGR for the CLUSRCVR as recommended in one of the best practices papers.

We discovered that one of the queue managers in this cluster is also joined to another cluster, with the TO.QMGR name convention.

1. So this one I think has been answered as 'yes' - is it possible to have multiple CLUSRCVR channels - I think this was yes.

You got that right.

mqnomad wrote:
2. Now - is it possible to have multiple CLUSSDR channels - well what I understand is that if the other 'outside' queue manager has a TO.QMGRA CLUSRCVR, we will need to have a TO.QMGRA CLUSSDR - is this correct, or is this wrong?

This is a no no. An "outside" qmgr can only communicate with a cluster via traditionnal sdr rcvr / rqstr or svr/requester pair.

mqnomad wrote:
3. But what if the outside queue manager was to define a CLUSSDR channel with the convention of CLUSNAME.CLUSQMGRA to go to our queue manager?

I could not find any place in InfoCenter that covered this info ... but if there's any place in InfoCenter or any white paper touching on this, would appreciate the link, as well as your response.

Thank you.

Well really bad idea, unless the cluster qmgr is a full repository and the "outside" qmgr is trying to join the cluster...

Have fun
mqjeff
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

First, off, remember that CLUSSDRs are automatically defined, and manual CLUSSDR definitions are only used once.

So you set up one or more CLUSRCVRs that identify the paths into a given queue manager on a cluster, and then you share those in the cluster and then you define a manual cluster sender to at least one Full Repository.

Then the rest of the queue managers in the cluster use the repository information to automatically create CLUSSDRs with matching names and information to the CLUSRCVRs on your queue manager, when those other qmgrs need to send data to your queue manager.
mqnomad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Apologies, when I said "Outside" queue manager - I was referring to a queue manager outside the control of our organization. So our cluster has six queue managers. One of the six queue managers in our cluster (with partial repos) - was joined to two "outside" queue managers members of some other organization's clusters.

Thank you for your responses for now - I have been looking thru the display clusqmgr commands and it seems someone had been playing with starting this older cluster and made quite the mess - mixed DEV and QA environments ... and other good things. Will post back, thanks again.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

mqnomad wrote:
... it seems someone had been playing with starting this older cluster and made quite the mess ...

For clarity, clusters are neither started or nor stopped.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » MQ Clusters and multiple CLUSRCVR Channels - part ?
Jump to: