ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI v2.01 erratic behaviour

MQSI v2.01 erratic behaviour « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jhalstead
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Using MQSIv2.0.1 (CSD02) on AIX with Oracle & MQSeries v5.2 (CSD01). There are a number of brokers on the box. We're experiencing a very very poor level of service from MQSI(when the thing is working performance is fine! we're not running short on CPU of memory & disks aren't getting hammered).

Execution groups die and restart every few minutes.

In some cases brokers will not start the execution groups correctly:
BIP2080E are constantly returned to the syslog.
Execution Group failed to return an internal configuration Start message response within a 60 second time period. : .agent: /build/S201_EP/src/AdminAgent/ImbAdminAgent.cpp: 5475: ImbAdminAgent::getXMLResponse: :

Rebooting the box seems to sort things out for a little while .... but the problems come back!

Anyone else experienced erratic behaviour of this type? (I'm reaching out to you guys here!) Maybe you've even solved such a problem?

Jamie
adkessell
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I have experienced it on both V2.0.1 and V2.0.2. What I have found is that it is usually something wrong with my Message Flow which doesn't get picked up by the deployment or syntax checker in the nodes.
jhalstead
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Thanks for your response, I'll double check incrementally deploying message flows.
Out of intereste we've been experiencing this problem over a number of brokers, some with only a simple NEON node message flow, i.e. no complex compute nodes in the flow which might cause problems...

Anyone else had this sort of behaviour?

Jamie
Segs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Check that if you are using SQL in any of the message flows that any variables you are using have been declared.

If they are not, they get mistaken for a structure and you'll get the "Execution Group failed to return an internal configuration Start message response within a 60 second time period" message.

Hope this helps.

Ken...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI v2.01 erratic behaviour
Jump to: