ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WTX node giving error with XML

WTX node giving error with XML « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Amarender.Ananthula
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: WTX node giving error with XML Reply with quote

I am using WMB 6.1.0.4 and WTX 8.2 . I am trying to transform XML file to a swift format (with multiple SWIFT messages encapsulated in a XML root) in WTX node. During transformation, a special character which is ASCII equivalent of 161 is being mapped. Now, when the output comes out of the WTX Node as an XML it gives XML Parser error. I am using UTF-8 encoding here . I have tried changing the encoding to ISO-8859-1 but the problem persists. Interestingly the WTX node individually when tested works perfectly fine but when integrated in the MB flow gives error as mentioned above. Please suggest what's the best solution for this. Let me know if any other info is required from my side.
Sam Uppu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Generally the output of the WTX node integrated with MB is in BLOB format untill you specify message set on the output tab of the WTX node.

Are you setting message set , message domain on the WTX node?
Amarender.Ananthula
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Not using any Messagset,but the message domain and Messagetype is XMLNS at ouputs.
harish_td
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Can you share with us what is the incoming data in the swift message/ input to the map?

Are they printable characters? If not you might try to encapsulate them in CDATA Sections to force your XML to be valid.

Placing a trace node in the flow with a pattern of ${Root} before the WTX Map would also help you identify, whether there has been any error in WMB interpreting the data in question.

As an aside, please change your message domain to XMLNSC unless you have a compelling reason to be using XMLNS
kimbert
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

harish_td said:
Quote:
Are they printable characters? If not you might try to encapsulate them in CDATA Sections to force your XML to be valid.
Not true. A CDATA section does not protect against illegal characters. If a character causes an XML processing error outside a CDATA section, it will cause a processing error inside one too.
Quote:
I am trying to transform XML file to a swift format (with multiple SWIFT messages encapsulated in a XML root) in WTX node.
A few more details about the input and output message would be useful.
a) Is the XML file well-formed ( does it parse successfully? )
b) What is the encoding of the input XML file?
Quote:
During transformation, a special character which is ASCII equivalent of 161 is being mapped. Now, when the output comes out of the WTX Node as an XML it gives XML Parser error.
c) What is the actual byte sequence of the 'illegal' character in the input document? Or alternatively, which Unicode character does it map to?
Quote:
Interestingly the WTX node individually when tested works perfectly fine but when integrated in the MB flow gives error as mentioned above.
I assume that your message flow is attempting to re-parse the output of the WTX node, and the error is being reporting when the parsing happens.

Quote:
I have tried changing the encoding to ISO-8859-1 but the problem persists.
The encoding of what? Possibilities are:
1. The encoding used by the WTX node when it parses the incoming XML.
2. The encoding of the XML generated by the WTX node
3. The encoding used by the XMLNS parser when it tries to re-parse the output XML

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WTX node giving error with XML
Jump to: