ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Too may connections from broker to MQ

Too may connections from broker to MQ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pyrus
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Too may connections from broker to MQ Reply with quote

Novice

Hello,

I have been searching the forum but the only results I can find talk about JMS or ODBC connection pooling.

What I would like to know is this:
If you are using one broker queuemanager, is it possible to force the broker to reuse existing connections? Connection pooling in other words.

If all queues that are used from broker flows are on one queuemanager then why do I need so many connections?
The queuemanager and broker actually reside on the same server if this information might help.

I hope someone has already asked him/herself the same question.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac35400_.htm
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Too may connections from broker to MQ Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

pyrus wrote:
If all queues that are used from broker flows are on one queuemanager then why do I need so many connections?

Where are you seeing these connections being used? What application is using them? What problem is it causing?

pyrus wrote:
The queuemanager and broker actually reside on the same server if this information might help.

You can't get broker to run unless it's on the same server as it's queue manager, so why do you consider this fact significant? Does it relate to these "connections" you see out of broker?

pyrus wrote:
I hope someone has already asked him/herself the same question.

No, because broker doesn't use connections to talk to it's own queue manager. So what are you seeing happening?

Details about OS, WMQ level & WMB level will improve the quality of any answers.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Too may connections from broker to MQ Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:
No, because broker doesn't use connections to talk to it's own queue manager.
pyrus
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Too may connections from broker to MQ Reply with quote

Novice

Quote:
Where are you seeing these connections being used? What application is using them? What problem is it causing?

I see these connections by clicking 'Connection list' in the MQMonitor tool, easy.
I have about 400 'connections' for which the Application is listed as 'DataFlowEngine'

Quote:
You can't get broker to run unless it's on the same server as it's queue manager, so why do you consider this fact significant? Does it relate to these "connections" you see out of broker?

I didn't that's why I said 'if this info might help'

Quote:
No, because broker doesn't use connections to talk to it's own queue manager. So what are you seeing happening?

Same reaction as mqjeff....

Quote:
Details about OS, WMQ level & WMB level will improve the quality of any answers.

Does the OS matter when it comes to basic broker functionality?
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Too may connections from broker to MQ Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
Vitor wrote:
No, because broker doesn't use connections to talk to it's own queue manager.

mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

pyrus wrote:
Quote:

Does the OS matter when it comes to basic broker functionality?

No, because of

mqjeff wrote:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac35400_.htm

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Too may connections from broker to MQ
Jump to: