ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Datapower MQ backend handler

Datapower MQ backend handler « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
SWARR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Datapower MQ backend handler Reply with quote

I need some help regarding backend handlers.
Basically Application A will put an XML request in MQ and wait for the response. Datapower will pick the message from MQ.

Then Datapower needs to invoke an asynchronous web service and response will be put to MQ by Application B

Datapower needs to do some validations, decryption etc and send this response to Application A.

For Receiving the response from Application B , do I configure a backend handler. Since the request is send over webservice and only response over MQ do I need to put the request in a dummy queues. Is there any alternative way?

Pls let me know
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

your question says... in step 1. application A is putting the msg on mq and DataPower invokes WS ( I hope using POLICY ).
In the step2. Application B puts the response msg on MQ and from there DP picks it for 'transformation/translation' and then back to Application A via MQ.
Step1. APP 'A' > MQ > DP > Webservice
Step2. APP 'B' > MQ > DP > MQ > APP 'A'

Quote:
Datapower needs to invoke an asynchronous web service and response will be put to MQ by Application B

How the Appli 'B' is getting message (i.e. Response msg) to put it into MQ Queue ?
Appli. 'B' is somehow/somewhere connected to WS ?
AFAIK, asynchronous call is where the flow is one way.. kind of 'Fire and Forget' where client appli. does not wait for the response or reply msgs.

Quote:
Since the request is send over webservice and only response over MQ do I need to put the request in a dummy queues. Is there any alternative way?

On both the ends of DP your applications are putting/getting the messages to/from MQ Queues, Once I did such configuration where I set up Front and Back End Handlers for MQQueues. You could do that too.
I have never used Webservices in between using DP so I can't comment on the architecture of DummyQueues !!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Datapower MQ backend handler
Jump to: