ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » MQWF3.6 migrating WMQ v5.3 to 7.0

MQWF3.6 migrating WMQ v5.3 to 7.0 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
csmith28
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: MQWF3.6 migrating WMQ v5.3 to 7.0 Reply with quote

Grand Master

Ok, I am fix'n to migrate a WMQWorkflow Cluster from WMQ5.3 to 7.0 on an AIX 5300-09 platform.

I don't have a lot of details yet but I have been told that WorkFlow has already been upgraded to v3.6 so the fmczqmig script should be there.

I have done standard WMQ migrations of 5.3 to 6.0 and 6.0 to 7.0 but I have never migrated directly from 5.3 to 7.0 nor have I ever migrated WMQ versions under WorkFlow before. My familiarity of WorkFlow is very (read very very) limited.

I don't have a lot of details on my side yet, indeed I don't even know the hostnames of the servers involved yet but I have been researching all the documentation I can find so far and I just wanted to ask you all if you have any information that may help grease the skids.

I will be meeting with the Project Coordinator and Application folks on Monday for a preliminary discussion.

One of my first questions for this meeting will be to ask whether they would prefer to carry out a staged migration, or migrate all queue managers at the same time.

Your thoughts?...

Also if any of you have done this and ran into problems please explain those problems and how you got around them.

Thanks in advance.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » MQWF3.6 migrating WMQ v5.3 to 7.0
Jump to: