ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MO71 MQMON dynamic queue full

MO71 MQMON dynamic queue full « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: MO71 MQMON dynamic queue full Reply with quote

Knight

I am still using th eold MQMON to display queue info from time to time. The configure is to use SYSTEM.DEFAULT.MODEL.QUEUE for the temporary MQMON reply queue. The SYSTEM.DEFAULT.MODEL.QUEUE is temporary dynamic and has a maxdepth of 5000. I normal did a queue list to look at a few queues and close it (or if I forgot to close it may stay up for a few hours). Our operation is monitoring DLQ and starting the last couple of months, they inform me that there are messages in the DLQ because the MQMON dynamic queue is full. Unfortunately by the time they callme, MO71 is no longer running. So I cannot tell what is filling up the dynamic queue. But the messages that went toi the DLQ shows info on MQ objects (suhc as queues and channels).
As I said all I did was queue list and look at some messages on the queues. But what can result in more than 5000 messages. Yes, I have close to a thousand queues on the Qmgr. This QMgrs is member of a large cluster (500+ qmgrs). So with all cluster queues, it may exceed 5000.But if I understand it correctly MO71 will consume any reply message right away. So unless MO71 is not consuming the reply messages fast enough.
queue full should not happen. Is this normal ? (i.e. MQ71 not fast enough).
If this is , is there anything I can do to limit the number of replies because I prefer not to up the maxdepth of any model queue to more than 5000.
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

You can create another model queue (e.g. SYSTEM.MQMON.MODEL.QUEUE) and increase the maxdepth, and then refer to this queue in the MO71 locations.

Personally, I think 5,000 is far too low in the modern era and always set my QMs up with 50,000 maxdepth as defaults.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

We would run into this. 5000 is to small a number for the Max Queue Depth for MO71 if you tell MO71 to send a request to the MQ command server that causes the command server to spit out thousands of reply messages. Especially if you are connected to your queue manager over a slow connection, and the replies from the command server come out faster than your slow connection to MO71 can consume them.
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Hi Peter, thanks. I think you explained this. I never thought about that I am running in a client mode and the link to my PC is very likely much slower than connections between all Qmgrs in the cluster. Yes, the response is coming in much faster than MO71 can consume.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Not sure what version of Queue Manager you are using but ensuring that READ AHEAD is switched on can make a significant difference in the speed of consuming messages over slow links. Need to ensure that the messages are non-persistent though.

Cheers,
Paul.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MO71 MQMON dynamic queue full
Jump to: