ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » AMQ9637, Sun JRE & SSLCAUTH(REQUIRED)

AMQ9637, Sun JRE & SSLCAUTH(REQUIRED) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
gdt
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: AMQ9637, Sun JRE & SSLCAUTH(REQUIRED) Reply with quote

I was trying to get out Java MQ6 client talking to our MQ6 server with SSLCAUTH(REQUIRED). It worked fine with SSLCAUTH(OPTIONAL) but whenever I tried it with SSLCAUTH(REQUIRED) I received error AMQ9637: Channel is lacking a certificate.

Eventually, I turned up the technote at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21180643 which suggests that this is an insurmountable error with Sun JRE1.4 and MQ6 - and to use the IBM JRE instead.

Now I can't use the IBM JRE for various reasons. But I'm not using Sun JRE 1.4, either; I'm using Sun JRE1.6.

So my real question is, has anyone out there got a Java client using the Sun JRE working with MQ6 using the SSLCAUTH(REQUIRED) option? i.e. do I have a resolvable configuration/coding error, or am I just stuck until we move to MQ7 (which does apparently support Sun JRE 1.6).

Thanks for any assistance that anyone can offer,

Greg
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Even if you can't use the IBM JRE for real, you should at least use it to confirm that your code is correct and that the channel configuration is correct.
gdt
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mqjeff wrote:
Even if you can't use the IBM JRE for real, you should at least use it to confirm that your code is correct and that the channel configuration is correct.

You're quite right, and I've no idea why I didn't think of that (smacks hand against forehead).

Based on that, I did some further investigating, and the good news it, it does work, under both the IBM JRE and the Sun JRE (1.6) despite the dire warnings about 1.4.

Thanks for the idea!

Greg
rajakmra
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

We are facing the same issue:
AMQ9637: Channel is lacking a certificate.

EXPLANATION:
The channel is lacking a certificate to use for the SSL handshake. The channel
name is 'SSL.LIQ.CHANNEL' (if '????' it is unknown at this stage in the SSL
processing). The channel did not start.

My Client program is in Windows (Sun JDK) MQ Server is in (Sun Solaris).

How you resolved? Can you please share it to us.
gdt
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I can't recall the exact details. However, from my vague memory I think it was simply that the channel in question was incorrectly configured; the documentation in this area isn't (or wasn't at the time) very forthcoming in this area!

Greg
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

gdt wrote:
Sorry, but I can't recall the exact details. However, from my vague memory I think it was simply that the channel in question was incorrectly configured; the documentation in this area isn't (or wasn't at the time) very forthcoming in this area!

Greg

Here is a tip: if you are using multiple SSL PEER values for a single identifier (OU), the order in which you request the OU values will matter.

Start with a single OU value until it works and determine the order to request them. Endianness might also matter...(if in nothing else, in the platform the cert req was created...)

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » AMQ9637, Sun JRE & SSLCAUTH(REQUIRED)
Jump to: