ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » JMS client not notified of lost connection

JMS client not notified of lost connection « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
msrini_1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using MQSeries 5.2 with JDK 1.3.1 with the required JMS supportpacs (MA88, MA0C) installed and with the PubSub setup already done. I am able to run successfully a
simple message flow with a few publishers and a few subscribers and everything seems to work fine. For all the topic connections created, I am setting a JMSException listener so that they will be notified of problems. However, when I shutdown the broker while the JMS clients are still running, only the connections that were used to create subscribers are being notified of the lost broker connection while the connections that were used to create publishers are not being notified. (Of course, if the publisher tries
to publish a message after the broker is shutdown, it throws some kind of exception but I would like to detect this condition even before trying to publish a message, since in my situation I cannot control when a message will be published). Is there a reason why the connections are behaving differently and is there a way I can have all the connections notified when the broker connection is lost ?

I tried reducing the heartbeat interval on the server connection channel that I'm using, but that did not help.

Thanks for your help,
Srini
EddieA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Srini,

This is the way that it works in all the APIs, not just JMS.

MQSeries can only notify clients that it is shutting down when a call to MQ is made.

As you have an Exception listener, I will guess that you are using Message listener to get the Subscriptions. This, internally, has an 'MQGET with wait' active. Hence a shutdown notification can be posted.

The Publisher, on the other hand, is between MQSeries calls when the shutdown is issued. You are then notified, as you have seen, when the next MQ action is attempted.

Cheers.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » JMS client not notified of lost connection
Jump to: