ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Transforming XML structure based on MRM structure

Transforming XML structure based on MRM structure « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
devita
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I have to pass this XML input message:
<MSG>
<DATA>
<F1>xx</F1>
<F2>yyy</F2>
</DATA>
</MSG>
to a legacy application that uses the COBOL structure:
01 DATA
03 F1 PICX(5)
03 F2 PICX(5).

Then I'd like to transform my input XML in an output XML:
<MSG>
<DATA>xxbbbyyybb</DATA>
</MSG>
where b = blank.

I tried to pass through a MRM message (derived by the COBOL structure) and concatenate the MRM fields, but I can't safe the blanks.
I always produce the output string xxyyy without blanks.
Can somebody help me ?
Thank you.
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

The problem here is really with the blanks in the XML, not the transformation to the legacy application.

If you parse a bitstream against the MRM parser, the blanks will only be preserved in the tree if the padding character in the CWF attributes is set to something other than blanks. If you want to do all of this in one flow, you'll need to do something which will cause the message to be serialised and reparsed so that the legacy bitstream is parsed with the spaces preserved.

If you're literally talking about two fields, you could use an RCD to recast the message from MRM to MRM. The RCD should cause the bitstream for the MRM message to be recreated, and then reparsed, thus adding the spaces in the tree.

You can then concatenate the fields when creating the final XML message. You'll obviously need multiple branches in the flow for the handing of each output message type.

If you are talking about DATA contain F1..Fn where 'n' is larger than 2, and containing possible nested data etc, you could reparse MRM message A using MRM message B where B is just one string element whose length is the same as the sum of all element lengths in A.

This is fine for PIC X data, not for other data.

Does this answer the question for you?
devita
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi, thanks for your tip. This approach helps me but I have a last problem: using your idea I have to safe the last blanks, so when I assign the MRM STRING value to XML field I have the value xxxbbyyy (I'd like to have a 10 bytes string xxxbbyyybb).
I resolved this problem using a dummy final char in the MRM structure and using the istruction: OutputRoot.XML.Data = SUBSTRING(InputRoot.MRM.STRING 1 to l-1) where l is the STRING length.
Have you a more elegant solution?

Thanks, Ugo

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Transforming XML structure based on MRM structure
Jump to: