ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Why can't I run an MQSI ConfigMgr when not connected to a ne

Why can't I run an MQSI ConfigMgr when not connected to a ne « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Hugh_Everett
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I want to run all of my MQSI (incl ConfigMgr, Broker and Control Centre) on a stand-alone Windows NT laptop.

This works fine when my laptop is connected to a network.

But when I try WITHOUT any network connection, the ConfigMgr fails to start, with errors:

( ConfigMgr ) An error has occurred while accessing the NEON message repository database. The Configuration Manager's NEON interface has failed to start because the NEON formats database has not been correctly configured. Details of the NEON error are recorded in the NEONMessageLog.nml file. The NEONMessageLog.nml is normally located in the MQSI bin directory. The Configuration Manager will continue to run, but without NEON support. If NEON support is required, complete the NEON configuration and restart the Configuration Manager.

( ConfigMgr ) Error accessing User Name Server from Configuration Manager PrincipalsManager class constructor method; exception text: '[3221232488] com.ibm.broker.security.ugregistry.UGRegistryException: Native security system error: &1 '. An exception was caught by the Configuration Manager PrincipalsManager class constructor method whilst getting information from the User Name Server UGRegistry client. The exception text is: [3221232488] com.ibm.broker.security.ugregistry.UGRegistryException: Native security system error: &1 '. Check preceding log entries for related errors and retry the operation. If the exception still occurs, restart the Configuration Manager, then retry the operation again. If the exception still occurs, turn on Configuration Manager tracing to capture details of the exception, and contact your IBM support center.

Why should this be happening ?
EddieA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

You don't actually need to be connected to a network. All you need is the TCP/IP stack loaded.

One way to do this is to add, and configure, the LoopBack adapter. Or if your network card is configured with a static address, insert it and don't connect the cable.

Cheers,

Hugh_Everett
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just returned from holiday and tried it out - and plugging the cable in, with a static address, solves it.

So basically, it's a Windows NT thing. Windows NT needs the LAN cable plugged in (at the PC end) so that it can start the TCP/IP stack properly when it boots. (Note that I can remove the cable after the PC's finished booting, and the TCP/IP stack carries on working happily - so you only need the cable plugged in during booting !)

Thanks again.

Helikopter99
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also change to Windows 2000 platform, it doesn't have the same problem.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Why can't I run an MQSI ConfigMgr when not connected to a ne
Jump to: