ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » mqseries(v5.2) security on Solaris

mqseries(v5.2) security on Solaris « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
anantha
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am testing security settings. I added a principal(user1) to mqm group. So user1 acquired all the authorities of mqm. The manual also says.
'If a principal in a PRIMARY GROUP is added to mqm group, then all members of the primary group inherit the authority of the member added unless you change the authority explicitly. But when I checked the authorities of another principal(user2) of the same PRIMARY GROUP, I don't see any authorizations to user2. I refreshed the security.
Do I need to do any thing more or inheriting authorities does not necessarily mean that they are shown as a result of dsmqaut command. This feature is working fine for other groups other than mqm. Can any one enlighten me in this aspect?

Ananth
kolban
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I think what this is saying is that in MQSeries on Unix ... only group security is enabled and no per/user security is allowed. So, if group "a" is has MQSeries access, then any user which is a member of group "a" can access the queue manager. If you attempt to authorize a user "u1" to the queue manager, then the primary group of user "u1" is authorized to the queue manager so if user "u2" also has the same primary group as "u1", he too will be allowed. If a user is a member of a group but that group is not the primary group, defining the user to MQSeries has no effect on that group.

It feels like the bottom line is to ignore users and focus solely on group membership.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » mqseries(v5.2) security on Solaris
Jump to: