ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » Can we retrive the two different type message from same Q

Can we retrive the two different type message from same Q « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
aditya
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Can we retrive the two different type message from same Q Reply with quote

In our project there are two MQ .net application . Application 1 is putting a CLOB as String in Q1 and BLOB as byte array in to same Q1 from D/B and Application 2 is getting both message from the same Q1 and then decompress the BLOB message i.e. to CLOB and then doing some operation on both type of messages.

Problem comes while application 2 is retriving the message from the Q1 , because Application 2 will not know which message need to be decompress. How can i make it to identify which message need to be decompress. i.e. to differentiate b/w the BLOB and CLOB. as well as is it possible that application 2 can retrive the BLOB as byte array and CLOB as string seprately from Q1.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Are you really using MQ Everplace? Or did you post in this section in the mistaken belief it was the API section?

Assuming the latter (because your post indicates that):

The queue has no knowledge per se of the message content it's holding. It's a matter for the reading application to interpret the content it GETs from the queue and act accordingly, e.g. reading the root tag of an XML document to determine further processing. In your case your Application 2 needs to determine the content by some means based on the data.

I can think of 3 solutions:
Split the processing into separate queues. Application 1 writes BLOB messages into 1 queue, CLOB into the other. Application 2 processes according to which queue it's reading;
Application 1 includes an RFH2 header with the message, adding additional information into that to allow Application 2 to determine how to process;
Application 1 uses a custom MQMD.Format type to distinguish the messages.

I would not think twice before using a custom MQMD.Format. I would think three or four times, then go for a little walk, think some more and then have another think. I mention it as an option for completness, but there are a lot of potential issues around doing that.
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

If the byte array actually represents character data, then the receiving application can likely just read it as if it were a CLOB rather than a BLOB.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » Can we retrive the two different type message from same Q
Jump to: