ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Messaging and Integration Technologies FAQ » ActiveX/COM differencies with MQ Client and server

ActiveX/COM differencies with MQ Client and server « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kolban
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

A number of posters seem to find that when they have a local queue manager installed on the same machine as their MQSeries ActiveX program then they can not connect to a remote queue manager ...

Unfortunately, this appears to be by design. The following is extracted from the MQSeries Using COM manual:

| AccessQueueManager method
| Creates a new MQQueueManager object and connects it to a real queue manager
| by means of the MQSeries client or server. As well as performing a connect, this
| method also performs an open for the queue manager object.

| Note: When both the MQSeries server and client are installed on your system
| MQAX applications will always run against the server.

Basically, if an MQSeries Server IS installed on the same machine as the ActiveX program THEN that program can ONLY connect to the local queue manager.

Questions answered with this post: 4

[ This Message was edited by: kolban on 2002-02-23 07:51 ]
lounis
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 5:33 am    Post subject: It still doesn't work .... Reply with quote

I don't understand I have no MQSeries Server installed on the machine where is the ActiveX program but I still not manage to connect to a remote queue manager. I have the following error :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MQAX200.MQQueueManager::Connect CompletionCode = 2, ReasonCode = 6000, ReasonName = MQRC_LIBRARY_LOAD_ERROR
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help.
mathiss
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

This error is not due to the activex component being on the server with the client but the error is being caused by the filepath name for mqseries. Check your setup. It is not being allowed to load the mqseries components. I ran into this setting up my original client.

Good Luck
Susan
lounis
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Mathiss,
In fact the problem is that I haven't installed correctly the MQSeries Client, but now it's available.
Now I have the following problem :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MQAX200.MQQueueManager::Connect CompletionCode = 2, ReasonCode = 2035, ReasonName = MQRC_NOT_AUTHORIZED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is that I have MQSeries Server on a Windows NT controller domain, and I have MQSeries Client and IIS on a Windows 2000 workstation which is not in the domain ...

Do you have some ideas ????

Regards, Lounis.
NickB
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:27 am    Post subject: Workaround for MQAX200 using client when server installed Reply with quote

Centurion

We've hit the problem of trying to use MQAX200 in client mode when we also have a local qmgr installed - basically it will always try to load mqm.dll (i.e. assuming server) whereas you need to load mqic32.dll.

What we did was to rename "mqm.dll" to "mqm.eric" and then our app worked fine as obviously the loading algorithm is:
- try mqm.dll first
- then try mqic32.dll

contact admin, but works!
nimconsult
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Instead of renaming the dll you might simply set a different PATH to your application. This gives you the opportunity of running applications both in client mode and binding mode on the same machine.

Nicolas

NIMCONSULT Software Architecture Services (Belgium)
http://www.nimconsult.be
anjireddy_a
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Queue model using client on windows 2000 for ASP application Reply with quote

Hello

I have a requirement to implement Queue model for an online application (ASP) on Windows 2000/IIS5.0 to talk with an MQ queue on mainframe. I would like to know the following

1. What's the best MQ client on the online side ? Are there any free & reliable ActiveX DLLs or should I go for commercial ones like IBM MQ series client ?
2. If MQ client is used on the ASP application, how do we support fail-over mechanism, for example, when mainframe queue manager goes down, how does the client respond and when the queue manager is up, can the client detect the same and send messages?

Any help is most welcome.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Messaging and Integration Technologies FAQ » ActiveX/COM differencies with MQ Client and server
Jump to: