ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » MQRC 2059 Connecting to QMgr With MQSSX Enabled on SVRCONN

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 MQRC 2059 Connecting to QMgr With MQSSX Enabled on SVRCONN « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
belchman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: MQRC 2059 Connecting to QMgr With MQSSX Enabled on SVRCONN Reply with quote

Partisan

Situation:

I have MQv6 on AIX with MQSSX v1.2.0 installed on remote host
I have MQv6 on Windows on local host

On local host, I perform amqsputc over SvrConnA to remote host with SCYEXIT and SCYDATA null and the put succeeds. If I populate the channel attributes as indicated in user guide, I get a 2059.

Any suggestions?
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Aside from the obvious, that one of the channel attribute settings is incorrect for your environment, not really.

Can I assume it's repeatable - no SCY* attributes set it works, set them get a 2059, remove them and it works again? And also that you've methodically checked your security set-up (certificates etc) and are confident these are all correct?
belchman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Rule 1... don't assume I do not have obvious errors. However, if I do, it isn't obvious to me.

It is repeatable. If I leave SCYEXIT and SCYDATA null, I can do a put. If I set them to '/var/mqm/exits64/mqssx(SecExit)' and '/var/mqm/exits64/mqssx.ini', then I get a 2059.

Here is the listing for the exits64 directory...

-r-xr-x--- 1 mqm mqm 56759 Nov 30 02:10 mqssx
-rw-r----- 1 mqm mqm 224 Jan 2 16:01 mqssx.ini

BTW, here is the mqssx.ini. I changed some things to rule out AIX security issues but they didn't work either...

#LogMode=N
#LogMode=Q
LogMode=V
#
#LogFile=/var/mqm/exits64/mqssx.log
LogFile=/home/zn18634/mqssx.log
AllowUserID=*
Allowmqm=Y
AllowBlankUserID=N
UseMCC=N
UseAllowIP=N
UseProxy=N
License=topsecret(i didn't want to post license key on web)
#
### The End ###

I tried to enable verbose logging, hoping it would trap my failed connect attempt, but the log file never appeared...

I appreciate any clues anyone can throw my way.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,
belchman wrote:
I have MQv6 on AIX with MQSSX v1.2.0 installed on remote host

You mean MQSSX v1.1.0 - right?
belchman wrote:
I tried to enable verbose logging, hoping it would trap my failed connect attempt, but the log file never appeared...

Hummm, this points to something being wrong in your setup. Try the following log settings (Debug):
Code:
LogMode=D
LogFile=/var/mqm/exits64/mqssx.log

If it generates a log you might want to send it to me privately at the "support at capitalware dot biz".

Secondly, by chance did you install the 32-bit version of MQSSX rather than the 64-bit version (WMQ v6 requires the 64-bit version of MQSSX). This is easy to check. Have a look at the QMgr error log located at:
/var/mqm/qmgrs/QMgrName/errors/AMQERR01.LOG

Are there any entries about a problem loading MQSSX?

For the amqsputc program, how are you specifying the remote QMgr parameters? MQSERVER environment variable?

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
belchman
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Roger,

You are correct. I had the 32-bit software installed in the /var/mqm/exits64 directory.

I have requested the AIX admin correct the problem and will get back to you via support at capitalware dot biz.

To answer your other questions:

You mean MQSSX v1.1.0 - right? I am not sure... whichever one you licensed me for.

Are there any entries about a problem loading MQSSX? Yes. It was telling me it could find nothing on /var/mqm/exits. I did not think that your software would write to MQM logs. Now I know, eh.

For the amqsputc program, how are you specifying the remote QMgr parameters? MQSERVER environment variable? MQSERVER env var.

Out!
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

For the record, Roger's software doesn't write to the MQ logs.

His software is loaded by the queue manager, and runs inside the queue manager. So if the queue manager has errors loading or running his software, then the queue manager will write to it's own logs to complain about the problem.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

Jeff, is absolutely correctly. MQSSX does not write to the MQ logs but it is the QMgr that is complaining about a problem with the exit.

belchman wrote:
Are there any entries about a problem loading MQSSX? Yes. It was telling me it could find nothing on /var/mqm/exits.

Hummm, this looks odd (unless it is a typo). Did it complain about nothing in /var/mqm/exits or /var/mqm/exits64 ?

On AIX for WMQ v5.*, the exit directory is /var/mqm/exits and the security exit must be 32-bit.

On AIX for WMQ v6, the exit directory is /var/mqm/exits64 and the security exit must be 64-bit.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Follow-up:

After he installed the 64-bit release of the security exit, everything started to work just fine.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » MQRC 2059 Connecting to QMgr With MQSSX Enabled on SVRCONN
Jump to: