ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Communication between different versions of MQ

Communication between different versions of MQ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
9A5YY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Communication between different versions of MQ Reply with quote

Voyager

Did anybody have communication problems between different versions of MQ? I tried to start cluster sender channels between Windows queue manager V5.1 and z/OS queue manager V6.0 but I couldn't start them. Only after restart of the z/OS queue manager I started cluster sender channels on z/OS queue manager. The cluster channels on Windows V5.1 queue manager were started without problem. What to do here? I received on z/OS queue manager the following messages CSQX203E ERROR IN COMMUNICATIONS CONFIGURATION and CSQX520E REMOTE CHANNEL NOT DEFINED. For example CSQX520E doesn't have any sense because the channel exist on remote Windows queue manager exist and after restart of z/OS queue manager the channel is started. Can somebody help me what to do?
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Please don't run v5.1.

You're running a huge production risk by using software that is so far out of support and out of date.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Communication should work perfectly - even at v5.1.

The complete z/OS message looks like: CSQX203E csect-name Error in communications configuration, channel channel-name, connection conn-id TRPTYPE=trptype RC=return-code reason=reason.

What is the complete error message?

Refer to the WebSphere MQ for z/OSMessages and Codes Version 6.0 manual. Look at RC and reason for the exact cause.
kevinf2349
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

So you are 5.1 on Windows and version 6.0 on z/OS and you had to restart the z/OS queue manager before the cluster channels would start?

...and now they are working fine?

Please post the exact error message you got and also check the Windows error logs for messages just for grins.

Which are the partial repositories and which the full repositories in the cluster? How did you go about adding the new queue manager into the cluster?

IIRC MQ 5.3 made major changes to clustering, in fact I think CSD07 was a huge leap forward.

I agree with Jeff though, Why on earth are you installing 5.1 in the first place? Regardless of if the communication should work, it is way way out of support.
9A5YY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I know that V5.1 is not supported but I haven't got choice. I will post messages if problem happen again but there were only above mentioned z/OS messages. The full repository is on the z/OS and partial repository is on the Windows queue manager. My experience is that different versions can work together well. For example I had in production V2.1 for OS/390 and V5.1 for Windows and their queue managers were in MQ cluster. They worked perfect together but it's true they were not so different like V5.1 and V6.0.
kevinf2349
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I assume the channels are working perfectly now?
9A5YY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I met the problem again but know I tried to start sender channel
on the Websphere MQ 6.0 z/OS queue manager to the remote AIX V5.3 CSD07 queue manager. But once again I received the message CSQX203E.

+CSQX203E +T1Q2 CSQXRCTL ERROR IN COMMUNICATIONS CONFIGURATION, 683
CHANNEL T1Q2.TO.RXX,
CONNECTION
TRPTYPE=TCP RC=00000000 REASON=00000000
+CSQX599E +T1Q2 CSQXRCTL CHANNEL T1Q2.TO.RXX ENDED ABNORMALLY

Something is wrong here. What CSQX203E message really means? After that I don't know what to do and I restarted the queue manager. After that the channel T1Q2.TO.RXX is normally started. Later I haven't got problems with this channel. The same situation I met with remote MQ 5.1 queue manager. After this is obvious that the version of remote queue managers is not important for connection. What to do here? Do I need any PTF for Websphere MQ 6.0 or TCPIP? Thanks for help.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Well I always had sporadic trouble with AIX MQ V5.2 to Zos V 2.1.
Usually doing a force shutdown of the channel on both ends, starting the receiver, then the sender, fixed it. This may be a little bit more complex with cluster channels and may not work.

Have your company upgrade the windows qmgrs as fast as possible.
They are way out of date and a lot of clustering problems have been solved since. You REALLY don't want to have to trouble shoot any clustering problems in that environment...

Enjoy

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Communication between different versions of MQ
Jump to: