ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Rules

Rules « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
divakar45
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I'm just beginning an architectural view of a business process and have several questions. The definition of 'rule' is a 'series of processes.' So a message flow is a rule as I see it, correct? I understand that I can invoke mqsi thru the MQI and AMI, and that I can create new processing nodes. Is it possible to create 'rules' on the fly??. Some of these basic concepts are paramount to good architecture.
Thanks,
Jac
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

You cannot construct complete message flows on the fly. However, the broker allows for significant dynamic runtime decision making to be made based on the content of the actual messages.

Further, many products of this nature are 80%'ers, that is, it embodies the most commonly required functionality but also allows you to create plugins to tailor/alter the behaviour to match specific requirements.

Finally, while you cannot construct complete flows dynamically, the ESQL language has an EVAL() function, which allows you to dymically take a string and then execute the string as if it is ESQL code.

Theoretically, you could use a series of EVALs in a node to generate completely dynamic code in compute nodes. The required ESQL code in effect be sent to the broker with a message!

Now, I'd be interested to know if this is a strictly theoretical question or an actual requirement you have?
divakar45
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

If it were possible to do in MQSI, it would instantly become a requirment. To have to change flows in the Command Center and redeploy is clumsy. Much better to let a knowledgeable client construct a new flow from a GUI say, that better servers the purpose of his routing. In our case, in house apps are slowly picking up functionality that began in a central middleware app. What we did to get around that is to design a finite number of flows, each with different standard nodes, a filter directs the message according to the clients wishes. It would be better to create a new flow in a data repository, in metadata say, and just 'download' the new flow to the broker.
Jac

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Rules
Jump to: