ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » WAS vs WSAD to connect to MQ QMGR

WAS vs WSAD to connect to MQ QMGR « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rajesh.palled
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: WAS vs WSAD to connect to MQ QMGR Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi

I have one Web Service coded in Java and using the com.ibm.mq jar files. I dont use JMS queue/topic/APIs to connect to MQ Queue Manager.

I have one box (B) where WAS & WSAD is running. On another box (A) where only WSAD is running.

When i deploy the Web Service in WAS on box V it runs smoothly to connect to Queue Managers which are running on box (C).

When i try to run the WebService from WSAD on box A to connect to Queue Managers on box C it throws an error MQRC 2058.

Then i moved my Web Service from box A to B and try to run the Web Service from WSAD on B to connect to Queue Managers on box C. Still i get the MQRC 2058 error. But how come the same code works fine when it is deployed on the WAS on box B to connect to Queue Managers on box C??

I have Client Connection coding where i use the port numbers/hostname/channel name.

Anyone has faced these kind of problems before? ANy special settings needs to be done in WSAD?
bower5932
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

A 2058 is a queue manager name error. Double-check that you have the name spelled correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rajesh.palled
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I know this is Queue Manager Name not found. Anyway the name which i specified is same as physical queue manager. Also the same Webservice runs from WAS to connect to the queue manager. I store the queue manager name in property file from which java code will read.

Without modifying any of the settings if i move the code from WSAD to WAS it will run fine.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

In order for it to run from WSAD you must make sure you set it up with the server running using the admin console and provider WAS JMS MQ.

And make sure the jars on the path are from <MQ Instal>/java/lib

Enjoy
rajesh.palled
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

fjb_saper wrote:
In order for it to run from WSAD you must make sure you set it up with the server running using the admin console and provider WAS JMS MQ.

And make sure the jars on the path are from <MQ Instal>/java/lib

Enjoy

What does it mean by "In order for it to run from WSAD you must make sure you set it up with the server running using the admin console ".

When i deploy this proect EAR in WAS i dont set up any JMS to make it run. It runs without any further modifications. Then in WSAD why i should set up the JMS? When i run this project in WSAD i use "Run On Server" and it of type "WebSphere version 5.1->Integration Test Environment".

Yes com.ibm.mq ar file is in the MQ_INSTALL directory ( i have added in Java Build Path prop. of project where you specify the external dependent jar files).
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

It is fine to run from WSAD but if you do not use JMS your code is not interchangeable. For instance you could get a bindings or a client connection behind the scenes and not be any wiser for it.

You need as well to make sure that the order in wich the jars get loaded is right otherwise you might get to the internal JMS provider jars first and there are limitations.

Anyway if I am running the program in a WAS / WSAD environment I'd like to use the advantages given by JMS unless there is some big pressing need not to (like performance... but I have not seen any big performance problems in my JMS implementations so far)

Enjoy
rajesh.palled
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I agree with you for using JMS Apis for having connection with any MQ stuffs. But i had a situation to use the com.ibm.mq api's not the JMS.

Anyway here is the list of jar files which i am adding in the Java Build Path.

com.ibm.mq.jar MQ_INSTALL_ROOT/java/lib
com.ibm.mqbind.jar MQ_INSTALL_ROOT/java/lib
fscontext.jar MQ_INSTALL_ROOT/java/lib
log4j-1.2.9.jar /WEB-INF/lib
soapcfg.jar /WEB-INF/lib
webservice-runtime.jar /WEB-INF/lib
xsd.bean.runtime.jar /WEB-INF/lib
rt.jar …/v5.1/runtimes/ee_v5/java/jre/lib/
soap.jar …/v5.1/runtimes/ee_v5/lib/
ivjejb35.jar …/v5.1/runtimes/ee_v5/lib/
j2ee.jar …/v5.1/runtimes/ee_v5/lib/
runtime.jar …/v5.1/runtimes/ee_v5/lib/
servletevent.jar …/v5.1/runtimes/ee_v5/lib/
xmlParserAPIs.jar …/v5.1/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.xerces_4.0.13/
xercesImpl.jar …/v5.1/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.xerces_4.0.13/

If there was an issue with these orders then the same code should not have run even from WAS to connect. But it works from WAS.

I am thinking is the different Test Server that i need to select when i run from WSAD?
rajesh.palled
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Any inputs on this??? Please...
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Not enough of the MQ jars. You are missing a few that are needed

Enjoy
rajesh.palled
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks a lot for your inputs on this.

I resolved this problem. I had enough MQ Jar files. Only with these MQ Jar files now I can able to connect from WSAD to MQ Server.

When you are trying to run the Web Services by right clicking on the project and select "Run on Server" in WSAD, you will get a screen where you need to select one of the default servers from the list.

The list contains the following test servers.

1. WebSphere version 5.1 Integration Server
2. WebSphere version 5.1 Integration Test Environment
3. WebSphere version 5.1 Express Server
4. WebSphere version 5.1 Express Test Environment
5. WebSphere version 5.1 Server
6. WebSphere version 5.1 Test Environment.
7. WebSphere version 5.x Express Server Attach
8. WebSphere version 5.x Server Attach

When I was getting the MQRC 2058 error while making connection to the MQ Server from my Web Services I was using 2nd one listed above. .i.e. WebSphere version 5.1 Integration Test Environment.

When I used the 6th one .i..e. WebSphere version 5.1 Test Environment without adding any extra configurations it worked fine from WSAD.

But I dont know for purpose we need to use the WebSphere version 5.1 Integration Test Environment server. Any idea when we will be using this test server. In WSAD Tool Tip the description for both servers i.e. 2 and 6 are same. No other PDF also tells exactly when to use these two.
[/b]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » WAS vs WSAD to connect to MQ QMGR
Jump to: