ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Specifying Hex character as delimiter in TDS format

Specifying Hex character as delimiter in TDS format « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
samuel_lee2000
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Dear all,

Is there any way to specify a hex value as the delimiter in the Tagged/Delimited Wire Format ?
We want to specify a hex value of x'FD' as the existing backend system is expecting it as the delimiter.

Thanks for any advice!

Best regards,
Samuel
Tibor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:

Is there any way to specify a hex value as the delimiter in the Tagged/Delimited Wire Format ?
We want to specify a hex value of x'FD' as the existing backend system is expecting it as the delimiter.

If you are working with CSD2 for WMQI 2.1, read section of Control Center Help: "Delimiter Mnemonics for Tagged/Delimited Format" for details.

Examples / copy-paste

1. Any character represented by <CC>, where CC are upper case mnemonics representing characters in the range x'00' to x'20', for example <CR> to represent x'0D'

2. Any Unicode character represented by <U+xxxx>, where xxxx are hexadecimal numbers up to a value of FFFF. (Remember that these numbers represent a Unicode character, not a character in your local code page or the code page in which the message will eventually be formatted.)
samuel_lee2000
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the suggestion!

In our case, the customer would like to use x'FD' which is outside of the range x'00' to x'20'. What should I specified as the <CC> ? Is there any list of <CC> predefined in WMQI ? Also, is it we could only use HEX value with predefined delimiter mnemonics by WMQI but not any HEX value we could choose ?

best regards,
Samuel Lee
Tibor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:

What should I specified as the <CC> ?
Is there any list of <CC> predefined in WMQI ?
Also, is it we could only use HEX value with predefined delimiter mnemonics by WMQI but not any HEX value we could choose ?

Q: Is there any list of <CC> predefined in WMQI ?
A: Look into the <wmqitop>binbiptdsworker.wrk file with a hex-editor
[pre]
<LT> <GT>
<NUL> <SOH> <STX> <ETX>
<EOT> <ENQ> <ACK> <BEL>
<BS> <HT> <LF> <VT>
<FF> <CR> <SO> <SI>
<DLE> <DC1> <DC2> <DC3>
<DC4> <NAK> <SYN> <ETB>
<CAN> <EM> <SUB> <ESC>
<FS> <GS> <RS> <US>
<SP>
[/pre]

And you can try <U+00FD>, maybe works...
samuel_lee2000
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I've tried the <U+00FD> but it will put a x'7F' in the output message as the delimiter instead. I guess x'7F' stands for some conversion error.

samuel_lee2000
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

For codepage 500, there is a unicode mapping of 00D9 to x'FD'. So if I specified <U+00D9> as the delimiter and use the compute node to specify the output message CCSID as 500, I can get the x'FD' rendered as the delimiter.

However, since I'm using the codepage 937 which does not have a corresponding x'FD' mapping to unicode point, I could not use the <U+xxxx> method to specify the delimiter. Is there any other way to achieve it ?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Specifying Hex character as delimiter in TDS format
Jump to: