ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » connecting to the queue from MQ Visual Edit

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 connecting to the queue from MQ Visual Edit « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
My_Quest
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: connecting to the queue from MQ Visual Edit Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All,

I can connect to the queue from MQ Visual Edit with some adjusted connection params, but Cache returns an error with reason code 2035, which is apparently MQRC_not authorized. The user is not authorized to open the queue with the options specified which is most likely the browse option. I can not disable this in the MQ interface in Cache. Can I adjust the options on the development queue xxxx.INPUT.QUEUE so that there are no restrictions so I can test from Cache?

Also:

I can connect to the queue from MQ Visual Edit using the exact same parameters, but some restrictions are in place on the queue that Cache does not like. A friend suggested that it was most likely the browseable option. Basically Cache is giving me a 2035 error when I connect from it. I do not have any control over the finite connection specifics in Cache.

Any Ideas?

Also any command to set authority in the QMGR object if needed?Thank You.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: connecting to the queue from MQ Visual Edit Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,
My_Quest wrote:
but Cache returns an error with reason code 2035, which is apparently MQRC_not authorized.

That is correct. By the way, what is Cache? i.e. A user written program?

My_Quest wrote:
Also any command to set authority in the QMGR object if needed?

Look up setmqaut in the WMQ System Administration manual, it holds all the answer you are looking for.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » connecting to the queue from MQ Visual Edit
Jump to: