ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » Urgent..Everyplace communication

Urgent..Everyplace communication « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jitendramistry
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
I am new to this.
Well I have to urgently propose one solution where I need to communicate my web application to Handheld devices.
I have suggested to use IBM Everyplace.
If I uses IBM Everyplace then, can I directly connect my applicaiton running on server to application running on Handheld device or will it pass through some other gateway and protocols like GSM,GPRS etc.?

How exactly will the communication occur?

Can you also suggest other alternatives to using Everyplace

Thanks in advance.

regards
Jitendra Mistry

shankerbabu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Jitendra,
It all depends what data u want to pass from your Web application to Handheld Application ,i mean if u want to browse the Web Application using the handheld its pretty much straigtforward there is no need for MQ Everyplace since u can call those webapplication directly using a broswer which points to your Web Application URL(the whole process is through HTTP protcol).u may need to find a service provider for establishing a connection bettwen them.

if u want to pass some data to the Handheld Application by the means of XML or Data Synchronization then u have to go for MQEveryplace in HHD.

So MQEveryplace do require a MQeGateway setup to be done so that Handheld device can send and receive messages in a totally seemless way with the Gateway which can inturn setup to talk with any messaging products or any Server applications.

if u need further help do let me know.

Shanker
jitendramistry
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Shanker,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I have to browse the information as well as updates to the server database through the handheld device, So i think I will need everyplace.correct?
Ok but for ex. I install everyplace on PalmOS handheld device and keep everyplace gateway at server end.Is this enough for the communication or something else will also come into picture.
Also through how handheld devices will communicate to everyplace gateway .?

Thanks in advance.

regards
Jitendra Mistry
shankerbabu
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
Correct me if i am wrong so your requirement is to browse some information on the server and data has to be synchronized to the server .
i have some couple of question to ask before i can suggest you
1)Is it your application is going to be always in connected mode with the server ?.
2)Its your application on HHD is solely a browser application simliar to our WebApplication where the client is a browser .

Solution 1)
if the answer is yes to above question then there is no need for a MQeEveryplace at all.
u can simplly point your browser to the server Web application URL and u can send the data back and forth which in turns update dthe database in the server .

Solution 2)
If your application is not always in a connection mode with the server , and u want to update the HandHeld DB with the server at the end of the day then u can setup your HH Database to update the records as and when it connects to the Server DB.

Solution 3)
MQEveryplace is mainly a messaging products for prevasive devices which works on Synchronous and ASynchornous mode with the server.

Regarding your second question thats enough
for making communication from MQe in HH device to MQe Server u can talk either in TCPIP mode or HTTP mode.
So choice is yours if u need HTTP protocol u have to get some service provider or TCPIP means your HH Device should be able to ping with the MQe Gateway Machine.

Shanker
jitendramistry
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Shanker,
First of all thanks for your reply.
Well my application on handheld device is not always need to be connected with the server.
But mobile worker should be able to connect to server as and when necessary and update the server database with the data he has collected on the field.Also new work should be updated in his handheld device. This is the requirement scenario.
what do you think will be best suited i.e ibm everyplace,j2me or wap??

Also If I use http protocol,who are the service providers that I can use.

Thanks once again
regards
Jitendra Mistry
shankerbabu
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

hI ,
The best suited tech for these architecure is MQeEveryplace installed both in Server and client(PDA devices) ,J2ME on the client and any small DB on the client for storing the static Data.

So when your mobile workee goes live with the server the new work order which is destined for him will be synched and vice versa will take place.

Regarding the HTTP protocol u can contact wireless service provider like NExtTEl,SprintPCS etc...

Shanker
jitendramistry
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thank you very much for your help.
yes now my doubt is cleared.

regards
Jitendra Mistry

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » Urgent..Everyplace communication
Jump to: