ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » MQRHF2 and MQSTR Version Headers

MQRHF2 and MQSTR Version Headers « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pazhanikumart
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hai all
I created two JNDI objects for queue.one object with Targetclient as JMS(A1) and the other with MQ(A2) . I sent a message using A1 with a message header.When i received the message with A2 , i couldnt get the message header . it is giving me null.

Please Anyone help me in this issue

The problem is The message will be sent by a non JMS Client and i have to strip the header information and then post it with the message to the appropriate queues which is done using JMS

[ This Message was edited by: pazhanikumart on 2001-08-14 03:44 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kolban
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I'm a little lost on this one. I think some more details of the problem would help.

In MQSeries JMS, when a JMS message is put to a queue, the message that is actually put on the MQSeries queue has an MQRFH2 header appended to it. This allows additional, JMS specific, information to be piggy-backed on your data.

If a message in a queue does not have an MQRFH2 header, IBM's JMS can still get the message and work with it just fine... however, some of the JMS header fields which don't map to the MQSeries MQMD header will not have values. This is an excellent compromise as it allows MQSeries to fully conform to the JMS spec (for JMS <-> JMS messaging) as well as provide support for pre-existing JMS <-> MQSeries interoperability.
pazhanikumart
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hai
Whenever we set the targclient to JMS in the jmsadmin tool,mqseries sets the MQRHF2 version which makes the message encoded in a xml type format.then i can see the message header i set with the setStringProperty(String,String) method ,but the same doesnt work when i am sending it to a queue with the targetclient specified as MQ.

Is there any way to preserve the headers during this message transition ?

kolban
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

When you set TargClient to JMS, you are saying that the consumer of the message will be MQSeries JMS. This means that you don't actually care what the content of the actual message on the underlying MQSeries queue looks like. When TargClient is MQ, you are saying that the consumer of the message will be a native MQSeries application and you do care what the content of the message will be. Given these statements, what are you hoping for when you put a message to a queue? Will it be read by a non-JMS application? If so, you can't expect JMS attributes like properties in the message to be available since, by definition, they are JMS properties.
Schwab
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I am having exactly the same problem. If I look into QMRFH2 header, the StructLength is
negative value and also the version is some big number. Any help will be highly appreciated.

1- how do I get the length of MQRFH2 header.?
2-how do I get the total length of the message?
Best Regards
kolban
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Can you use the amqsbcg sample tool and dump the contents of a message to a file. Cut and paste the contents of that file and post to this topic. We can then take a quick look at the contents and format of the message and identify a possible cause for the problem.
Schwab
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks Mr.Kolban for your reply.

The reason I was getting -ve StrucLength was the byte ordering. Once I reversed it everything is O.K.
I do have one more problem though.

- no matter what topic I specify for subscription, I am receiving messages for every topic.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » MQRHF2 and MQSTR Version Headers
Jump to: