ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » clustering with AIX and OS/390

clustering with AIX and OS/390 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jhiemstra
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been working on testing a clustered configuration between AIX and OS/390. This will replace the distributed-queuing configuration currently in production. The purpose of moving to clustering was to facilitate workload balancing and high availability.

We have experienced problems with the queue manager (EIP1) on the OS/390. A number the problems have to do with the recognition of queue objects by EIP1 hosted by queue managers EIPX and EIPJ on AIX boxes. We are running MQSeries v5.2 on AIX and v2.1 on OS/390. Heres the scenario:

EIP1 is connected to a full repository on EIPX. EIPJ also houses a full repository. The are cluster queues with the same name on EIPX and EIPJ. If both EIPX and EIPJ are up, EIP1 recognizes the queues. If we bring EIPX down, EIP1 no longer recognizes queue objects on EIPJ. We would have expected the full repository on EIPJ to take over. We tried this same test using a cluster with only AIX and it works.

At this point we are thinking that it may be the version of MQSeries we are running on the mainframe (v2.1) and that if we upgrade to v5.2 our problems may be solved. Any thoughts on this ?
NickB
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

My first response to this posting is "ditto"!

I have exactly the same configuration (i.e. qmgr on MQ2.1 on OS/390, and two MQ5.2 qmgrs on AIX). Both AIX qmgrs hold full repositories.
- I can define a cluster queue on an AIX qmgr and it is seen by the other AIX qmgr but cannot be seen on OS/390
- I can define a cluster queue on OS/390 qmgr and it is visible to both AIX qmgrs
- All cluster channels are up and running perfectly
- No messages stuck on SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUEs

It would appear that anyone in the cluster can get to OS/390 but the OS/390 queue manager cannot see stuff in the rest of the cluster.

I've checked the APARs for OS/390 v2.1 and there are no likely hits.

I have a feeling that if I made the OS/390 qmgr a full repository qmgr, everything would work fine. I will try this, but this is not the answer.

I feel a PMR coming on.............

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » clustering with AIX and OS/390
Jump to: