ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Design Issues in MQSeries

Design Issues in MQSeries « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
raja
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically I want to design an application (description below) using MQSeries on AIX.

The application gets the input(messages) from a client (can be any not MQSeries client) and it has to be fed into an message adaptor through MQSeries. Brief diagram describing the scenario is given below.

Input Message ------------> MQSERIES SERVER ------------------> message Adaptor

output Message <------------- MQSERIES SERVER <------------------ message Adaptor

My ideas after going through some books and reference materials :

I have to create a Queue Manager and two Queues (InputQ and OutputQ) on AIX machine. Here the InputQ gets the message from the client and pass the message to the message Adaptor. Then the reply from the message adaptor is given to the OutputQ which delivers it to the Client.

Can I please have the feedback about the design from you whether it needs any modifications or am I doing anything wrong here.

Questions I have:

(1) Do I need a Channel or Listener if so what does it do and where we have to implement?
(2) Whether in the AIX box I need to install both MQclient and the MQserver or the server alone? Do I need a client or I need just Server for this application.
(3) I want to trigger an application which sends the message to the message Adaptor when the InputQ receives the message and the same with the OutputQ.
(4) The Input message arrives to the InputQ and it triggers the program to send the message to the message Adaptor, how it maintains the messages if the message adaptor is not running (which is not necessary to run all the time)
(5) Do I need to have any sessions? If so what is the purpose of it.

Thanks
Raja
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

You need a listener if MQ clients are to connect to this queue manager.

You need a channel if MQ servers are to connect to this queue manager.

You only need install MQ Server on AIX.

Triggering may not be the best design, one or more long-running tasks that wait for messages (MQGET with WAIT) is normally the correct design for for high-volume continuous availability server application. Triggering is a batch-mode concept.

Triggering does not send the message, it starts a program (your adaptor) that reads the message. The data message remains on the queue until your application takes it off (the trigger message is a separate temporary message).

Remember to use syncpointing to ensure transactional integrity.

In general - don't use triggering for server applications in a client/server environment.
Priya
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for your reply. The message that needs to pass to the adapter via MQSeries can be from any source. We do not need to worry about it. In that case Do you feel that we need MQClient and MQServer?. I guess only QueueManager is enough. Then I should install only the MQServer in the AIX machine where Adapter resides if I am not wrong. The Queue Manager is in the MQServer. If I am wrong please advice me.

please help me out...

Thanks

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Design Issues in MQSeries
Jump to: