ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI 2.1 NNSY Database on DB2 can't see if not schema owner

MQSI 2.1 NNSY Database on DB2 can't see if not schema owner « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Paul D
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Here is the problem and solution. I hit this and thought it was worthwhile to post here also. No need to reply...

-- The Problem ------------------
We are having an issue with anyone other than me seeing the NNSY database via the NNSY GUI's (Rules and Formatter). It appears to be an access issue to the database tables. The NNSY database is located on a DB2 7.1 instance on a UNIX HP-UX 11.00 box. We are running WMQI 2.1 CSD#1. The database schema was installed under my own id. If I use my ID to login to the GUI from my desktop or anyone elses, everything works OK. This also includes the UNIX broker that we have running. This works great as long as we use my ID in the nnsyreg.dat file. The question seems to be, how does the GUI's or the nnsyreg.dat file know what schema owner to use. It seems like it tries to put the ID that you logged in as the schema owner when referencing tables. Do we need to create alias' to tables from the other ID's? (very impractical!!). Any ideas?

--- The Solution --------

With DB2 the correct method is to create table aliases for each user requiring access. This method was documented in the System Management Guide V5.2 under Formatter and Rules Permissions, Assigning Permissions but it seems to have been omitted from the V5.6 version of the guide. We have raised a doc APAR to have this included in the newer 5.6 manuals.

The method is as follows:

1. Connect to the NEONRules and NEONFormatter Support for MQSeries Integrator database using the user ID of the user you want to add.

2. Establish a DB2 CLP session.
Example:
db2 connect to <database> user <user> using <password>

3. Locate the nn_aliases.sql script in the install.sql_rulfmt56inst_dbtmp directory of the installation directory.

4. Run the nn_aliases.sql script using the following command: db2 -f nn_aliases.sql -l aliases.log -t

5. Review the contents of the aliases.log file for any errors. Ignore the errors related to dropping aliases.
Balan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nnsyreg.dat file is not found inspite of NN_CONFIG_FILE_PATH being defined and nnsyreg.dat present in that path.

When I start any component i get the error of nnsyreg.dat not being found. The following is an error message from NNSYMessageLog.nml. However if I copy the nnsyreg.dat under WMQI Installation rootbin directory, the problem goes off. Why is that NN_CONFIG_FILE_PATH is not getting used.

20020404094737109Z|DB Old Session Base|2709|2655|CFG|CFG_000009|Info||Default config file 'nnsyreg.dat' is not being used.
20020404094737129Z|DB Old Session Base|2709|2655|INFR|INFR|Error||FileIOObject::Open() - Failed to open file named './nnsyreg.dat' with mode 'rb'.
20020404094737129Z|DB Old Session Base|2709|2655|INFR|INFR|Info||Library info:

20020404094737149Z|DB Old Session Base|2709|2655|INFR|INFR|Error||FileIOObject::Open() - Failed to open file named './nnsyreg.dat' with mode 'rb'.
20020404094737149Z|DB Old Session Base|2709|2655|Kernel|NNOT_EC_CTX_LIB_NAME_MISSING|Unknown||File: h:/home/src//ccm_wa/eng_dev/OTI~OT_2.6_5/OTI/ot/server/NNOTDirectory.cpp
Line: 128
An attempt was made to instantiate an object with ID = 'Session.MQSI_CONFIG', but no shared library name was specified for this object. Check the directory entry for this object making sure that a shared library is specified.
kolban
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

What is the value of NN_CONFIG_FILE_PATH? I found that it is easy (trivial) to make a typo in its value. Once set, open a DOS window or a Unix command shell and enter:

Dos: cd %NN_CONFIG_FILE_PATH%
Unix: cd $NN_CONFIG_FILE_PATH

If an error is returned, then you have a typo in the value.

Failing that, log in as the userid defined as that which the broker or config mgr will execute as. Repeat the above test. This will check for security permissions when navigating to the file.
Balan
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NN_CONFIG_FILE_PATH

I was able to do cd %NN_CONFIG_FILE_PATH% successfully. amazingly it started working once I rebooted the machine.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI 2.1 NNSY Database on DB2 can't see if not schema owner
Jump to: