ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MTS & MQSeries ? Weired

MTS & MQSeries ? Weired « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
chinlean
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've encapsulate the send method in a MTS component with this :
HRESULT send(BSTR queue,BSTR body)

At the implementation of the method, I just use normal procedure
a) Connect to queue manager
b) open queue
c) write message
d) close queue
e) disconnect queue manager

When I call this component’s method from another MTS component(let say a component doing DB update and then call this method to send out a message to MQSeries)
It’s work fine if I call the method once. But failed when I make the second call. When I debug, I found that in second call, the mqmanager.connect() failed with reason code MQRC_UNEXPECTED_ERROR(2195) .

Here is some info of my environment.
1) MQSeries 5.2 Server CSD02 for Windows 2000
2) I use C++ early binding.

Besides, I encounter a lot of weird thing when integrate MQSeries with MTS for example
1) when mixture usage of transactional and non transactional mode under MTS, MQSeries complaint with MQRC_UNEXPECTED_ERROR(2195).
2) When I ungrade MQSeries server to CSD03. It cause DTC crash…

It’s seems like MQSeries is integrating not very well with MTS or I use the MQSeries wrongly. Also the documentation and code sample is very limited for MQSeries MTS support…Do you know where to find extra information?

[ This Message was edited by: chinlean on 2002-03-19 01:42 ]
chinlean
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After i wrote some program to test the MTS behavior of MQSeries including step thru every single step of the code in debug mode , thease are the summary I can make.

1) The transaction begin when you connect to queue manager, NOT when you issue a syncpoint call( put/get). I notice that when I step over ImqqueueManager.connect(), the Transaction List under Component Services begin to appear.

2)You CANNOT disconect a queue manager in a MTS object. If you do, when another MTS object under the SAME transaction issue ImqqueueManager.connect(), it will return MQRC_UNEXPECTED_ERROR(2195) immediately. MQSeries expect you won't disconnect queue manager from within sub objects and can only disconnect from within root object. This already break ACID rule of transactional programing whereas a MTS object should independent with another object or they can operate seperately.

thanks

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MTS & MQSeries ? Weired
Jump to: