ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » MS Visual C++ v6 compile problems. RC=2058

MS Visual C++ v6 compile problems. RC=2058 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
callard
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to compile & run the sample amqsget0.c using Microsoft Visual C++ ver 6. I have MQServer & client installed on my Win2000 PC. I have followed suggestions in Appendix A of Using C++. The code compiles but I get a warning if I use the cl switch. When I run the resultant amqsget0.exe YELLOW.QUEUE I get the first message "Sample AMQSGET0 start" then it does nothing for ~15 seconds and then prints "MQCONN ended with reason code 2058" and ends. If I run the provided amqsget.exe YELLOW.QUEUE it prints out the messages in the Q.
Can anyone suggest what settings I may have set incorrectly.

The C++ code generation parameters are: /nologo /Zp4 /MD /W3 /Gm /GX /ZI /Od /I "../include" /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_MBCS" /Fp"Debug/amqsget0.pch" /YX /Fo"Debug/" /Fd"Debug/" /FD /GZ /c
The link object/link modules are:
kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib imqb23vn.lib imqs23vn.lib mqic32.Lib
The link project options are:
kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib imqb23vn.lib imqs23vn.lib mqic32.Lib /nologo /subsystem:console /incremental:no /pdb:"Release/amqsget0.pdb" /machine:I386 /out:"Release/amqsget0.exe" /libpath:"C:Program FilesIBMMQSeriesToolsLib"

Thanks
Claude Allard
cbjma53@home.com
kolban
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

By linking with the mqic32.lib file you have requested that the application be a client application in which case you must specify the location of the queue manager server by means of an MQSERVER environment variable or AMQCHLTAB table AND also set up an incoming SVRCONN channel.

To get your app working, link with mqm.lib instead of mqic32.lib. This will make your app server bound and will work against the local queue manager.
callard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much. That worked perfectly.
Someone had told me that I should be using the mqseriestoolscplussamples code insead of mqseriestoolscsamples. Those compiled and worked as expected.

Claude
jsanjosem
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compiled a DLL using mqm.lib, but now I need a dll called 'amqxcs.dll' that I can not find in MQSeries. What I am doing wrong?. Thanks

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » MS Visual C++ v6 compile problems. RC=2058
Jump to: