ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How do I debug a plugin node implemented in Java language ?

How do I debug a plugin node implemented in Java language ? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Miko
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have written a Java implemented plugin node using WSAD. How do I attach the Java debugger to the JVM of WMQI ? Any ideas welcome.
Coz
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Assuming that you are testing on NT (or other MS desktop), the easisest way we found was to allow the broker to interact with desktop via the services window and use lots and lots of 'System.out...' which will appear in one of the windows created by the broker.

Coz

kolban
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Install the latest CSDs for WMQI (CSD 0 & 1). Once installed, read the README file of the product and you will find documentation on using Java debugging ... I will reproduce below:

28. Debugging Java nodes.
It is possible to attach the JDB debugger to the JVM running inside the broker thus
allowing developers to debug their Java nodes. The debugger can be attached on a
per execution group basis. In order to attach JDB you must first change the broker
configuration to tell the JVM to listen on a particular port. The command mqsiservice
can be used to change the broker configuration in the following way:
mqsiservice <broker> -r debugJava="<ExecutionGroup1Label=port1>;<ExecutionGroup2Label=port2> ..."
<broker> - The broker name.
<ExecutionGroup1Label=port1> - This tells the JVM in execution group 1 to listen on port1.
<ExecutionGroup2Label=port2> - This tells the JVM in execution group 2 to listen on port2.
Several entries can be added for each execution group, these are separated by semicolons
as illustrated above. The entry can be removed in the following way:
mqsiservice <broker> -r debugJava
Misusing mqsiservice can seriously damage the broker configuration. It should
only be used in the way described above. This command is not available on 390.
The broker must be restarted for these changes to take effect. The JVM in the
execution group will now listen on the specified port and can be attached to
in the usual manner.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How do I debug a plugin node implemented in Java language ?
Jump to: