ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » MQ Batch Toolkit FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 MQ Batch Toolkit FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: MQ Batch Toolkit FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

MQ Batch Toolkit FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. Is any of the output logged?

A. Yes, the output is generated with Log4J and by defualt, it is written to the mqbt.log file. It is located at:
i.e.
On Windows, C:\Capitalware\MQBT\log\mqbt.log
On Unix, /Capitalware/MQBT/log/mqbt.log
The configuration of Log4J has already been done and is in the log4j.properties file. It is located at:
i.e.
On Windows, C:\Capitalware\MQBT\log4j.properties
On Unix, /Capitalware/MQBT/log4j.properties
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. How do I get rid of the logging messages on the screen / console?

A. If the user does not want the logging information to be displayed on the screen / console then update log4j.properties file and modify the log4j.rootCategory parameter to be as follows:
i.e.
On Windows, C:\Capitalware\MQBT\log4j.properties
On Unix, /Capitalware/MQBT/log4j.properties
Code:
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, LF, stdout

TO:
Code:
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, LF

Q. Can I use the 'Queue Manager Access Profile' file (CommProfileDB.properties) from MQ Visual Edit or MQ Visual Browse with MQ Batch Toolkit?

A. Yes, if you are a licensed user of both MQ Visual Edit (MQ Visual Browse) and MQ Batch Toolkit then you will be able use an existing CommProfileDB.properties file with MQ Batch Toolkit.
Q. Can I use the '*.VEQ' files created from MQ Visual Edit or MQ Visual Browse with MQ Batch Toolkit?

A. Yes, the Backup / Restore VEQ file format is standardized across products. Hence, you will be able to create a VEQ file with one tool and use it with another Capitalware product.
Q. I purchased a license and received the license key, what do I do with it?

A. Follow the following instructions to input your license to MQ Batch Toolkit.
[p]Edit the .MQBT.properties file located in the products home directory.
i.e.
On Windows, C:\Capitalware\MQBT\.MQBT.properties
On Unix, /Capitalware/MQBT/.MQBT.properties
[p]Your license will look something like: 0000-AAAA-0000-BBBB (Note: This is a sample license only and will NOT work).
In the [Defaults] section of the .MQBT.properties file, insert your license key as follows (remove the dashes from the license key):
Code:
[Defaults]
License=0000AAAA0000BBBB

[p]Save the file and now MQ Batch Toolkit will run in register user mode. The user will be able to define and use an unlimited number of queue managers.
Q. What does reason code 2058 mean?

A. Generally, 2058 means that you have an invalid queue manager name or that the host does not have that particular queue manager. Check the spelling of the queue manager name that you inputted. Also, queue manager names are case sensitive (e.g. MQA1 is not the same as mqa1).
Q. What does reason code 2059 mean?

A. Generally, 2059 means that the queue manager is down. Try restarting the queue manager and command server on the remote box. Reason code 2059 can also oocur if you inputted an incorrect port number. Therefore, verify that the port number is correct.
Q. What does reason code 2009 mean?

A. Generally, 2009 means that the channel name is incorrect. Verify that you have inputted the correct server connection channel name. Also, channel names are case sensitive (e.g. JAVA.CHL is not the same as java.chl).
Q. What does reason code 2035 mean?

A. The reason code 2035 means that the user's UserId is not authorized to access the queue on the remote (or local) queue maanger. Ask your WebSphere MQ Administrator to grant your UserId the necessary authority to access the queue.
Q. Can I use MQ Batch Toolkit with my mainframe (OS/390 or z/OS) queue managers?

A. Yes. But you need to have the CAF (Client Attachment Feature) installed on the mainframe.
On the mainframe, go to SDSF and look in the xxxxCHIN (where xxxx is the queue manager name) output for a message:
Code:
CSQX099I - xxxx CSQXGIP Client attachment feature available

If this message doesn't show up, then you don't have the feature installed. The CAF is a required for any client program (including MQ Batch Toolkit) to connect directly to a mainframe queue manager.
Q. Can I install MQ Batch Toolkit on a network drive (LAN) and run it from that location?

A. Yes. MQ Batch Toolkit will happily run from a network drive. Each user's preferences will be stored in their own "Home Directory".
- On Windows, the home directory is the %USERPROFILE% folder (i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\userid ).
- On Unix and Linux, the home direcory is the user's standard logon directory (i.e. /export/home/userid ).
Note: If you going to run MQ Batch Toolkit from a network drive and share it with other members of your team, please make sure you have purchased sufficient licenses of MQ Batch Toolkit.
Q. Can I share my queue manager connection information for MQ Batch Toolkit with another user or put it on a network drive (LAN)?

A. Yes. MQ Batch Toolkit stores the queue manager connection information in a file called: CommProfileDB.properties. By default, this file is stored in the user's "Home Directory". You can move the CommProfileDB.properties to any directory or network drive that you wish.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » MQ Batch Toolkit FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Jump to: