ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » TCP/IP (recv) error whenMQ Clients talk to QManager

TCP/IP (recv) error whenMQ Clients talk to QManager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kairaja
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hello
I continously getting error that shows in the
event viewer where the QManager is residing
Error on receive from host computername (IPAddress)

An error occurred receiving data from computername(IPAddress)
over TCP/IP. This may be due to a communications failure.

The return code from TCP/IP (recv) call was 10054(X'2746)

Can someone help me with this.

The Client uses MQServer variable and issues MQConn with the QManager
defined on the Server box. THis is with MQSeries 5.2 on Win 2k
kolban
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I think you are not closing the channel connection after use. If this is not it, can you supply more details on the nature of the design of your applications?
kairaja
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hello can you kindly tell me what you mean channel connection closing. Do you mean MQClose as you posted in my other question on this board ? Since i am new to MQSeries, just curious each MQConn is equivalent to a Channel Connection. Am i correct ? Only the MQDISC will get rid of the channel connection. Am i correct ?
kairaja
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Also

Regarding Design, I have a process that will perform MQCONN on to QMGR. The process will be in a loop looking for messages on a queue on the QMGr. As the messages appear on the que, it process them and send them back to the client.

The client piece connects to the QMgr and it will hang to one Reply to Queue. Then it will place the message onto the queue that the Above process is monitoring. It then receives reply after above process finished processing.

The client piece is doing a MQCONN and the client piece is not doing a MQCLOSE and MQDISC until it is done with all its work.

So it appears like i have only one MQCONN from the client and i am hanging to it. But as time passes on, the number of channels reaches maximum no matter whatever i set it to. Is there any other thing i need to aware of ?

Thanks again for all the help.
kolban
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Apologies if I introduced confusion. MQDISC will close the channel, MQCLOSE is used to close a previous MQOPEN of a queue or other resource. If your application is only making a single MQCONN, then the number of channels created on the queue manager by the application should only be one.

I would look carefully at the code (implementation) and make sure that you are not making multiple MQCONNs by accident. Additionally, lets make sure that there aren't other applications causing the MQCONN... using MQExplorer, you can query the SVRCONN channel and determine who is making the connection.

If we still can't pin it down, we can take a client side MQ trace and see what is going on at the MQ level ... this will show each and every MQ operation including possible MQCONNs ...
kairaja
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hello Thanks for the quick response. I looked into the code several times. Regarding looking into MQExplorer, i can each the client is the one showing so many channel connections. May be if i add this piece of info, that might help you to give some more information possibly.

The client that is making the MQCONN is a NT Service. The NT Service is exposing an COM interface. The NT Service resides on the same box where my IIS webServer is residing. The Web Browser invokes an ASP page from the WebServer. The ASP instantiates the COM object and perform a COM Method call. The COM Method call looks to see whether any active connection is opened to QMGr so that it put a message on a que. If no active connection is opened it will perform the MQCONN and then does MQPut on a queue. It also pins this newly opened connection in the Thread local storage. So if any browser request comes in and if happened to pass through the thread that this newly created connection is pinned in, then it won't perform a MQCONN and it reuses the same connection. So the assumption is here that each thread in IIS pool that services request for browser will eventually will have their own connection available. Thus how many threads that IIS have to server browsers, is how many MQCONN connections i have to my QMGr. I believe my assumption of pinning a MQCONN in the thread local storage is inaccurate... Any hints please.
cmdmqm
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
do a NETSTAT on the server -> do you see many open connections to port 1414? We had this situation when connecting with un unpatched 5.2 win2k client to our as/400 which got unbelievably slow. We received a lot of 3426 tcp errors (note: different error than you got!). We got a patched version of the amqmtmgc.dll from IBM [dated 16th July 2001], and now it works. Maybe you should first contact IBM for this version (or I can email it to you) before re-checking your code.
Bye,
G
kairaja
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hello Thanks for the response.

I am getting AMQ9208. Is this same you are getting. I am using MQSeries Version 5.2 on Win2k.
cmdmqm
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
yes, it's also an AMQ9208 (on the target system; the system with the client doesn't report an error, interestingly). Well, I just can suggest to get the patch - if it doesn't work, you still can take the old version.
Bye
G
kairaja
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Is it Service Pack 2 for MQSeries 5.2 ?
cmdmqm
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Don't know. I received it as a single file from the developers of the software we use. Why don't you just try it?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » TCP/IP (recv) error whenMQ Clients talk to QManager
Jump to: