ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Overlapping clusters

Overlapping clusters « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
JT
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Overlapping clusters Reply with quote

Padawan

Hi,

I've searched this forum for info on namelists and read the Queue Manager Clusters manual regarding namelists, but something isn't clicking for me. Perhaps someone can provide some assistance.

We have a simple cluster consisting of four v5.3.4 queue managers (lets say; QMA, QMB, QMC, QMD) running on the Solaris platform. They are involved in the same cluster (CLUSTER1) which was created using the cluster wizard in the MQSeries Explorer tool. QMA & QMB are the full respositories for CLUSTER1. I now have to create another cluster (CLUSTER2) that overlaps with QMA, QMB and a new queue manager residing on the OS/390, we'll call it QME. The full repositories for this cluster will also be QMA & QMB.

My problem lies with the cluster wizard provided through the MQSeries Explorer tool running on my Windows desktop. Since QMA & QMB were previously designated as full repositories, the wizard does not allow for the creation of CLUSTER2 with QMA & QMB as respositories. It signals that they are already participating as repositories for another cluster.

So, I created a namelist, say NAMELIST1, and added CLUSTER1 to the definition, altered the queue managers from repositories for CLUSTER1 to repositories for NAMELIST1, changed the cluster channel definitions to reflect NAMELIST1 and performed a refresh of CLUSTER1. I thought this would free up QMA & QMB as full respositories, thus allowing me to use the Explorer wizard to create CLUSTER2, which I would then add to NAMELIST1. No such luck.

How do I create CLUSTER2 using QMA & QMB as the repositories? Do I have to use runmqsc commands instead? If this has been previously addressed, please post the url.

Thanks !
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

From what you have posted, you have done the correct steps (but see below on how I would have done the channels).

I have never used that wizard, but I have used plain MQExplorer, MO71 and runmqsc commands to make 2 QMs be FRs for 2 overlapping clusters. Your concept is correct, make a namelist that contains both cluster names, make the channels for both clusters, and then make the QMs FRs pointing at the namelist.

Maybe its a prob with that wizard.

Not that it should effect your problem, but I would make separate CLUSRCVRS into each QM for each cluster. On QM1, create the following 2 CLUSRCVRS:
TO.QM1.CLUSTER1 //cluster it to CLUSTER1 only
TO.QM1.CLUSTER2 //cluster it to CLUSTER2 only
and the following 2 CLUSSNDRs:
TO.QM2.CLUSTER1 //cluster it to CLUSTER1 only
TO.QM2.CLUSTER2 //cluster it to CLUSTER2 only

Then do the same on QM2 in reverse.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Overlapping clusters
Jump to: