ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » MQ to MQe

MQ to MQe « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
fazz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: MQ to MQe Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,

Heres my scenario....

I have 25K PDA's all with a temporary MQe environment defined (same qmgr name and queues on each). When the PDA is switched on for the first time it send a message to the MQe gateway which in turn sends the message to the WMQI Broker hub. A WMQI flow generates a new qmgr name, appends to it an xml message and sends it back to the gateway, where the PDA picks up the message and defines its operational messaging environment.

That all works fine.

Now, in its operational life, all the PDA's will need to receive messages from the WMQI Broker via the gateway.

The Broker will receieve a message from an application and look up which PDA it should be sent to based on key reference fields within the message, now comes the problem.

When I send the message from the Broker with the PDA's qmgr and queue specified, there would have to be a remote queue defined on the Brokers qmgr with the PDA's qmgr and the gateways transmission queue (i.e. 25K ,one for each PDA, which I don't want to do) . If no remote queue existed then the message would end up on the Dead Letter Queue unless....

I was to define the gateways tranmission queue as the qmgrs default tranmission queue, I don't really want to do this either as the Brokers queue manager is used by other applications as well. Also I will need to be able to send to mulitple gateways (regional).

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Fazz
mqonnet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Fazz, as i mentioned earlier, from as much as i know MQe, the only difference i found between the way MQ objects are defined and work is only the terminology. Objects in MQ are known with different names in MQe to sum up.

And hence, i would think, if you want to send a message from one queue manager(QM on MQ network) to multiple/one queue manager(MQe), you would need to define a remote queue or define TQ as you mentioned. I doubt there is a way out. If there is, i would be interested to know as well. :).

"When the PDA is switched on for the first time it send a message to the MQe gateway"
---This means you have a setup from MQe to MQ network, then i would expect you could as well define the objects for info to flow in the opposite direction. Which is remote queue defs on MQ network queue manager. For messages to flow from MQe to MQ network, what did you do. I would believe you defined remote queues. Then whats the issue doing the same from the other end.

Cheers
Kumar
fazz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Kumar,

All PDA's use the same route when they are first switched on. They browse a store queue on the gateway to recieve their 'setup' message.
The issue I have is that the PDA's qmgr's are dynamically allocated by a WMQI flow, so I cannot setup the remote queue definitions.

If I find another way I'll let you know.
Michael Dag
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

fazz,
what about sending a copy of the XML to a 'setup' Q on the Gateway.
the 'setup' Q is read by a regular MQ application VB/C whatever,
reads the XML looks up the id of the Qmgr that is created and
generates a couple of runmqsc commands to setup transmission Q, remote Q, etc...
then execute this file using runmqsc against the gateway Qmgrs automatically...

Does this help?

MQSystems Facebook page
fazz
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Michael,

What I'm trying to avoid is having to define the 25K remote queues needed on the Brokers queue manager to be able to send to each PDA via the gateway.

So I could try what you said, send out one message to setup the queues on the Broker qmgr, then the 'real' message to the newly created queues.
This would alllow the dynamic creation of qmgrs i need.

However I'm not to sure of the performance overhead of processing each message by an app then running an runmqsc command.
I will look into it.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Fazz
Michael Dag
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

fazz,
I think there is no way around it, think all 25K Qmgrs are offline, when sending a message ...
where does the data need to be stored? right in the transsmissionQ for that Qmgr on the Gateway.

Too keep administration to a minimum also write a 'sign-off' application on the PDA, whereby the PDA sends a 'sign-off' message when the user is no longer going to use the PDA for this purpose, you can use this 'sign-off' message to clean up your gateway.

runmqsc is only run for the setup so no overhead really, unless you plan to use this trick for each message passing to the PDA individually.
I don't know MQe that well but, don't think it has the concept of a dynamic transmissionQ

Good luck, are you still in the test phase? 25K sounds an awfull lot of Qmgrs ...

MQSystems Facebook page
fazz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I think the gateway stores the message in a 'Store' queue, then when the PDA is swtiched on it connects to a Store queue and pulls its message down.

25K is the production count of queue managers for one project, theres more to come !!

I'll have a look at a 'sign-off' app idea. May be useful.

Cheers
Fazz.
fazz
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Just thought I'd let you know the final solution.

One transmit queue is set up per Gateway queue manager (calling the queue the same as the queue manager). The Broker puts a message destined for the gateway queue manager and a dummy gateway queue (this queue is not defined anywhere). The output xml message contains two tags, one has the PDA's queue manager name and the other has the PDA queue. The Brokers queue manager resolves the transmit queue to that of the gateway queue manager and sends the message to the gateway. A channel exit then gets the message and replaces the destination queue and queue manager with the PDA's queue manager (from the XML message).

Thanks for all you help.
Fazz

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » MQ to MQe
Jump to: