ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » NameValueCCSID in RFH2

NameValueCCSID in RFH2 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
StefanSievert
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi there,
I was asked this question today and couldn't answer it, so I am hoping to find help amongst all of the knowledgable souls out there...

The NameValueCCSID field of the RFH2 header can - according to the manuals - only contain certain unicode CCSID's, for example 1208 (UTF-. Now, if you are building the RFH2 in a COBOL program on OS/390 and specify Name/Value data in your RFH2, how can that be understood and evaluated by, let's say MQSI on Solaris? Am I wrong if I assume that alphabetic EBCDIC characters do not map to the same hex values in the 1208 code page? How does the conversion work in this example?
Has anybody done COBOL/390 to MQSI publication with name/value data and is willing to provide a code snippet of the piece that builds the RFH2? All manuals that I looked at didn't say a word about publishing from a COBOL/390 program.
I would really appreciate any help or even just pointers to documentation. Maybe I have overlooked something.
Thanks a bunch,
Stefan

StefanSievert
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Has nobody done COBOL/390 to MQSI publication with name/value data and is willing to provide a code snippet of the piece that builds the RFH2?
Please drop me a line if you have.
Thanks,
Stefan

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » NameValueCCSID in RFH2
Jump to: