ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI checking MQMD_Report

MQSI checking MQMD_Report « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kwelch
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,

I am trying to save reply information in an ORACLE database for the request reply scenario. I have finally got my ORACLE database connections working correctly and am able to update the database. Thanks to all those from mqseries.net who helped with that.

Now though I am trying to check the report options to determine whether to save the msgid in the correlid column of the database. In my MQSI messageflow I check Root.MQMD.Report. It always evaluates to NULL even though I have looked at the message in QPasa and have seen that it is 0 or 64 or 128, etc. Does any one know what I am doing wrong or have an example of code in MQSI that does this save and later the select from the database to retrieve the reply to information? As always any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Karen
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

We had a little typo in the code (MQMD_Report instead of MQMD.Report). Works fine now.

kwelch
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Peter was right it is updating the database as we wanted. However, after I save the replyto information in the database, I do some processing to the message to convert it from XML to legacy COBOL format. In that process I then set the replyto qmgr to be the MQSI qmgr. In our case I don't have to set the queue name because they are the same from environment to environment. Does anyone know of a way of not hardcoding this value in the ESQL? We are trying to create generic code that can be put into every request/reply scenario that we won't have to change as we promote the code from DEV to QA to Production.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Karen

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI checking MQMD_Report
Jump to: