ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » QM not showing up in cluster

QM not showing up in cluster « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
topwoman
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: QM not showing up in cluster Reply with quote

Novice

We have a complex clustering environment.

I have created a new qm, and defined the cluster sender and receiver channels appropriately. This QM is to be a member of three clusters. It shows up in two, but not the third.

I've executed a REFRESH CLUSTER command on the full repository QM in the affected cluster, with no success.

Any suggestions about where I go from here in troubleshooting?
gunter
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

My understanding is, a queuemanager with partial repository shows only objects it needs. If you put a message in a queue hosted by the not shown queumanager, you well see it.
topwoman
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for your comment, Gunther. You are correct, of course.

However, it turns out we had an actual problem, which we resolved as follows:

Last night, a colleague added a new endpoint to this cluster, and when he found that the cluster sender channel was pointing to a QM which was not the repository QM, he redefined the cluster sender, using the MQSeries Explorer, without going to the host and executing a script there.

It is unclear to me why the change through the client did not take permanent effect. However, when I reran the script with the correct Cluster Sender channel definition on the host, that cleared up the problem.

It's a good thing we talk to eachother!
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Quote:

I've executed a REFRESH CLUSTER command on the full repository QM in the affected cluster, with no success.

The REFRESH command cannot run on a Full Repository QM, it must run from a partial. Don't bother doing it from MQExplorer, because it doesn't work even if you do it on a partial (maybe it does at 5.3 CSD6, it certainly didn't in earlier versions). Use a runmqsc session instead. If you get the free MO71 support pack, you can open runmqsc sessions to many remote QMs from your desktop.

A simple changing of parameters should work equally well in MQEXplorer or a script. I would bet the "redefine" of the channel was not done correctly the first time, and you did do it correctly. Having said that, MQExplorer is not 100% when it comes to clusters. If you ever have any doubt about your cluster, and your basing that on info provided by MQExplorer, double check it by runmqsc commands (again made much easier by MO71).

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » QM not showing up in cluster
Jump to: