ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WMQI v2.1 Issue : Resource Manager: Bitstream Worker cannot

WMQI v2.1 Issue : Resource Manager: Bitstream Worker cannot « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kwelch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Paul,

I am not trying to be dense here, but I missing something. You resolved this problem by specifiying SWIFT for the Message Format in your input node? Does SWIFT relate to Tagged Delimited Wire Format? Our situation, I am posting on behalf of someone else, is that our input is XML and our output is MRM, CWF. So we would code it in the compute node? But wouldn't we usually do that anyway? And wouldn't you normally have coded that information on your input node? I would appreciate any clarification.

Thanks,

Karen
Paul D
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Sounds like I'm going (MRM to XML) in the reverse of what you are (XML to MRM). I'd call it in to IBM. I had understood from IBM that the bug was in the list box of the MQInput node. That wouldn't apply to you. No, using SWIFT does not make sense to me, but apparently either would work for me in the MQInput node.

Good Luck again...

Paul
John Blanchard
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mapa,
Are you processing SWIFT messages ? Do you have to build the SWIFT structures manually? Pls. help.

Thanks

Bijay
Paul D
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

No, I'm not processing SWIFT messages, it's a regular comma delimited file. Something you'd see from MS excel. I've never worked with SWIFT messages. You might want to try the IBM support Pac ID05 WebSphere MQ Integrator - Tagged/Delimited message examples as I know a SWIFT example is in there.
Balan
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMQI 2.1 Bitstream worker error workaround - but now Read of a text element failed, message too short error.

I am using CWF for a message set and was checking the validity of an input message in a message flow using the message domain properties on the MQInput node. The message has two elements , the first element being an integer and the second is a string. The length of the second element should be determined by the value of first element. So for example "0004HELL" is a valid string for input. However initially I got the error

"Resource Manager: Bitstream Worker
cannot be found: message set id 10,
wire format descriptor rdLoadblahblah."

After checking pauls posting I could understand the bug is in the "MQInput" Node in the Format selection...I had to type the CWF identifier explicitly, which happened to be "CWF2" in my case..

This apparently solved the previous error, but now I am getting another error

"Read of a text element failed, message too short. Message data: 0x3030303448656c6c, text element offset: 4, expected length of element: 875573296. "

zpat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

There is a support pac with tagged/delimited examples. This feature does work, I have used it without any CSDs, but you have to be careful with the MRM definition. Looking at a working example is a good idea.

IBM Redbook at http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG246528.html

Chapter 11 (written by myself) has some example of tagged messages.

Balan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Balan on 2002-03-24 20:57 ]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WMQI v2.1 Issue : Resource Manager: Bitstream Worker cannot
Jump to: