ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Windows 2000 5.2 CSD02 SNA

Windows 2000 5.2 CSD02 SNA « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Glen Shubert
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I just recently upgraded my queue manager on a Windows 2000 box to 5.2 CSD02. I can no longer start my LU62 listener or my LU62 Sender channels. I uninstalled MQSeries, and re-installed and still fail. I get the following message:

The service could not be started. The process has terminated with return code 20. (AMQ4128)

In the event log I receive:

The APPC communications program could not be loaded. The attempt to load the APPC library or procedure 'wcpic32' failed with error code 5. Either the library must be installed on the system or the environment changed to allow the program to locate it.

The WCPIC32.DLL is in the c:contact admin sub-directory, which is in my path statement.

The channels and listeners worked fine with 5.1. I am running SNA Server 4.0 SP4. That has not changed. Am I looking at a registry problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

TSYS
isreal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I have seen this problem before but not under NT! Maybe this might help you out. On Solaris there was a entry added to the qm.ini file to specify which library to use. This stanza allowed you to specify SNA9.1 or SNAP-IX. If the entry isn't there, then MQSeries defaults to SNAP-IX and errors with: APPC library couldn't be loaded.

Adding the line: `MQCommLibrary=amqcc62s' tells Mqseries to use SunLink SNA9.1 instead!

Now you just gotta figure out how to do it in NT/2000 !

Hope this helps!
bower5932
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I did some checking on one of our internal databases, and I found somebody that was having the same problem. Here is what was mentioned:

• The directory containing wcpic32.dll is not on the SYSTEM path (Don't forget, chances are the channel is started under the userid MUSR_MQADMIN not the signed on user, so the User Path is insufficient).

- Check through the system, Advanced, Env Vars panel
  • One of the dependencies of wcpic32.dll is not on the system

- From a command prompt, change into the bin directory and do 'depends wcpic32.dll', and confirm all dll's show up ok. (Depends comes from ms vc++)
  • The userid in question (either signed on or MUSR_MQADMIN) doesn't have security rights to the path/file in question OR one of its dependencies (rc 5 == ACCESS_DENIED).

Use windows explorer to confirm local 'mqm' (and the signed on user, if not a member of mqm) have ability to read and execute the dll in question, the directory it is in.

For what it is worth, everything above appeared correct and the problem mysteriously went away.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Glen Shubert
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanx to all who responded. All security settings were OK, I ran the DEPENDS against WCPIC32 and everything was clean. I then downloaded FILEMON from http://www.sysinternals.com and started that up to see where I was failing. Miraculously, everything works now. I have a feeling that some bit setting was cleared up by the DEPENDS command.

TSYS

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Windows 2000 5.2 CSD02 SNA
Jump to: