ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Multiple SenderChannel and Multiple Tranmit Q in Cluster ???

Multiple SenderChannel and Multiple Tranmit Q in Cluster ??? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
abiram8
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Multiple SenderChannel and Multiple Tranmit Q in Cluster ??? Reply with quote

Master

Hi,

Using Remote Queue + Tranmit Q + Sender hannel (DQM)
I have a critical set up to handle the large traffic where we have multiple Sender Channel and Multiple Transmition Queue Pointing to Single Remote Queue Manager for smooth flow and for load balancing.

Cluster set up.
Since in the cluster we have single transmition queue.
"SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE".

Through which all the messages are transfered but I donot know whether the cluster can handle same traffic since it has one tranmition queue and single sender channel.

It will surely reduce the performence. (since only single cluster Trasmitq,single clustersender channel)

How to handle the smooth flow and load balancing using cluster.

I donot want the funtionality where the message are distributed in a
round robin fashion to "N" QM in a single or multiple node.

My task is to have Single QM sending message to Single destination QM and to handle the same amount of traffic smoothly as I achived using multiple RemoteQ and Multiple Sender Channel pointing to single destination QM while adopting Distributed Queue Management

Looking for your inputs

Abiram
JasonE
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You can have multiple cluster receivers on the same qmgr, effectively giving multiple 'channels' to that qmgr. As to whether you get a performance benefit from it I dont know. Just make sure you dont use bind-on-open and then write all your messages otherwise you will not benefit at all.
abiram8
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi Jason,

Do you have any link or docs which can put more lights on this topic particularly .

Abiram
JasonE
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

No, other than the clustering guide I dont - sorry. I just know that I have seen setups where people have multiple receivers (Effectively the qmgrs 'presence' in a cluster is based off the clusrcvr, so multiple clusrcvrs 'kind of' put the qmgr in the cluster multiple times so we should wlb across them - Not a 100% accurate story, but a summary).

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Multiple SenderChannel and Multiple Tranmit Q in Cluster ???
Jump to: