ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Deleting Cluster created from MQ Explorer

Deleting Cluster created from MQ Explorer « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
prasannal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Deleting Cluster created from MQ Explorer Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi.
I have created a Cluster with 3 Queue managers in MQ Explorer just for learning.
I want to delete that from Explorer, But, there is no such option I can see.

Please let me know how to delete that Cluster from MQ Explorer.

Thanks.
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Have you tried removing all QMs from the cluster, and changing the repository QM to not be a repository?

That is, have you tried deleting the cluster?

Have you tried right-clicking on "Clusters" and selecting "Hide Cluster"?
prasannal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Deleting Cluster from MQ Explorer Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

1. I can see Hide Cluster, but it is not like deleting.

2. I have removed QMs from cluster. But then what about Cluster that Explorer is still showing ?How I will delete that?

Thanks for ur reply.
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Deleting Cluster from MQ Explorer Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

prasannal wrote:
Hi,

1. I can see Hide Cluster, but it is not like deleting.

2. I have removed QMs from cluster. But then what about Cluster that Explorer is still showing ?How I will delete that?

In order to actually delete a cluster, you will have to remove all queues from the cluster (stop sharing them) AND remove all queue managers from the cluster AND remove all repositories for the cluster.

This may not cause Explorer to "forget" about the cluster. But if you then "Hide" the cluster, it won't show up in Explorer anymore, and it won't exist anywhere else either.
andye
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
There is a wizard in the explorer to allow all the necessary changes to a queue manager to take place in one simple action.
Right click on queue manger > All Tasks > Leave Cluster ...

This does the following (no specific order mind)
    Suspends the queue manager from the cluster
    Alters the cluster receiver and cluster sender channel definitions so that they are no longer in the cluster
    Demotes a full repository
The cluster sender and reciever channels remain defined, just not shared in the cluster you select (if more than one cluster exists). When all queue managers are not in the cluster, the cluster effectively no longer exists. You may have to close MMC and restart it though for this to be apparent. However, simply hiding a cluster does not mean it won't exist anywhere.

Hope this helps

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Deleting Cluster created from MQ Explorer
Jump to: